Your 'favourite' football chants?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yiddo added to the Oxford Dictionary apparently:

• yiddo, n.: “A Jew. Also in extended use: a supporter of or player for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. See Yid n. 1, Yid n. 2.”

On a similar note. I was once at Pittodrie to see Aberdeen play Kilmarnock (or one of those other nothing clubs). Ground was pretty quiet at the time and the opposition team had a throw-in. The player who came across to take the throw had long blonde hair (like Robbie Savage) and this old bloke (60s plus I would say) sitting 5 rows from the sideline just jumps up and shouts "Surf's Up, Dude!"

Half the stand was in stiches. Still one of the most memorable moments of my visits to Pittodrie during those bleak years.
I went to the bernabeau for the madrid away first time we qualified for ths CL. We had seats in the main madrid stand. Before the match a tenor sang what i presume is the club anthem. The madrid fans all stood up some with tears in their eyes as they belted out this operatic hyme to the majesty of madrid. When the singer finished and the madrdilos where sittting back in their seats up popped a tottenham fan behind us and bellowed
' you're just a shit chas and dave
Shit chas and dave
You're just a shit chas and dave'

Last edited:
Watford once had one about Luton.

The Luton train came over the hill hurrah hurrah

The Luton train came over the hill hurrah hurrah

The Luton train came over the hill, the brakes failed and they all got killed

Singing ha ha ha ha ha hurrah ha ha

Don’t blame me kids. I was just a spectator.

Last edited:
I remember hearing on the radio someone talking about a match announcement that the games sponsors that afternoon were the AA.
The home fans started singing,
"No surrender, no surrender
No surrender to the RAC"

Which made me laugh.

The woolwich came in one by one, hoorah hoorah,
The woolwich came in one by one, hoorah hoorah,
The woolwich came in one by one,
And one by one they all got done
Da da da da da da .................

I love the waving off of an opposing player & singing 'Cheerio, cheerio' after they've been red carded as what happened to the City player last week. Sorry, couldn't remember his name !
John terry being sent off at the lane for an apperant racism the spurs fans chant.
' He's off the pitch
Fucking your wife
He's off the pitch
Fucking your wife'

My rabbit hutch

Is bigger than this

My rabbit hutch is bigger than this

Its got a door and a rabbit

My rabbit hutch is bigger than this

(To the tune of ‘oh when the Spurs’) traditionally sung at the smaller grounds whilst waving niftys above one’s head.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom