Your favourite Spurs Premier league line up of all time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

GK: Thorstvedt (main reason I started following Spurs as a kid, and just a brilliant, good guy).
Honorable mentions: Gomes (was brilliant at his best, a marvel at times), Lloris (would've been #1 if not for his foolish drunk driving)

RB: Corluka (due mostly to how well he made Lennon perform)
Honorable mentions: Walker (would've been a clear first choice, and a CL winner, had he not left us for money)

CB1: King (no need for explanation)
CB2: Vertonghen (has been among our top 3 players each season since the arrival of Poch. although I think Alderweireld is great, I can't believe anyone rates him as better than Super Jan)
Honorable mentions: Alderweireld (great, but not better than the other two, really fixed our defense when we first got him, contract bullshit), Kaboul (for his talent, effort and his assist to Crouch against City, not for his lack of concentration)

LB: Assou-Ekotto (may have been my favourite player when he was good, liked him from the get go)
Honorable mentions: Rose (fantastic when he's good, may have been oir best ever LB, but his interview and all that...), Bentaleb (one game as a LB? But that one was brilliant!)

CM1: Dembele (At his best, the best player we've ever seen, what a player)
CM2: Mason (heart, intelligence, heart, smartness, good boy)
Honorable mentions: Huddlestone (his silky touch, his beautiful technique), Palacios (great def. mid sadly ruined by death in family), Dier (so important when he first started dominating games from his DM position, his first goal vs WH, his tackles, his bromance, his downturn due to injuries and instability)
AM1: Bale (athleticism, amazing goals)
AM2: van der Vaart (intelligence, technique, elevating the club)
AM3: Eriksen (extremely mobile, football genius)
Honorable mentions: Alli (that first season, sadly has gradually lost focus and quality, needs falling in love with football again), Son (top player on good days, shit on bad days, too selfish), Ginola (brilliant technique, too short a time with us), Kranjcar (great player, scored some beautiful goals), Chadli (my favourite for a while, played with brains, huge downturn after the sad loss of his father)

Striker: Kane (unlike most of you, I do not see him as a God of football that can do nothing wrong, he definitely has his faults, however he quite clearly is the best striker we've ever had, a fantastic footballer, if only he'd be a bit less self-centered)
Honorable mentions: Klinsmann (legend, fantastic player), Defoe (goalgetter!)

GK: Thorstvedt (main reason I started following Spurs as a kid, and just a brilliant, good guy).
Honorable mentions: Gomes (was brilliant at his best, a marvel at times), Lloris (would've been #1 if not for his foolish drunk driving)

RB: Corluka (due mostly to how well he made Lennon perform)
Honorable mentions: Walker (would've been a clear first choice, and a CL winner, had he not left us for money)

CB1: King (no need for explanation)
CB2: Vertonghen (has been among our top 3 players each season since the arrival of Poch. although I think Alderweireld is great, I can't believe anyone rates him as better than Super Jan)
Honorable mentions: Alderweireld (great, but not better than the other two, really fixed our defense when we first got him, contract bullshit), Kaboul (for his talent, effort and his assist to Crouch against City, not for his lack of concentration)

LB: Assou-Ekotto (may have been my favourite player when he was good, liked him from the get go)
Honorable mentions: Rose (fantastic when he's good, may have been oir best ever LB, but his interview and all that...), Bentaleb (one game as a LB? But that one was brilliant!)

CM1: Dembele (At his best, the best player we've ever seen, what a player)
CM2: Mason (heart, intelligence, heart, smartness, good boy)
Honorable mentions: Huddlestone (his silky touch, his beautiful technique), Palacios (great def. mid sadly ruined by death in family), Dier (so important when he first started dominating games from his DM position, his first goal vs WH, his tackles, his bromance, his downturn due to injuries and instability)
AM1: Bale (athleticism, amazing goals)
AM2: van der Vaart (intelligence, technique, elevating the club)
AM3: Eriksen (extremely mobile, football genius)
Honorable mentions: Alli (that first season, sadly has gradually lost focus and quality, needs falling in love with football again), Son (top player on good days, shit on bad days, too selfish), Ginola (brilliant technique, too short a time with us), Kranjcar (great player, scored some beautiful goals), Chadli (my favourite for a while, played with brains, huge downturn after the sad loss of his father)

Striker: Kane (unlike most of you, I do not see him as a God of football that can do nothing wrong, he definitely has his faults, however he quite clearly is the best striker we've ever had, a fantastic footballer, if only he'd be a bit less self-centered)
Honorable mentions: Klinsmann (legend, fantastic player), Defoe (goalgetter!)

So, to make it clearer:

Thorstvedt
Corluka King Vertonghen Assou-Ekotto
Dembele Mason
Eriksen van der Vaart Bale
Kane

Just hand over all the trophies.

Lloris - always fun

Y.P. Lee - hilarious act and very likeable, just a liability. RB as he was right footed..
King - obviously
Campbell - sorry, 2nd best defender we have had. unbelievable cunt and player.
Edman - that goal.

Lennon - so exciting when he got the ball in his early years with us
Modric - obviously
VDV - forced in CM. Love that guy
Malbranque - maybe not popular but i really liked watching him play. great tackler for his position.

Anderton - yeahhhh what a guy.
Klinsmann - saviour. hero.
Bale - probably the best player to ever play for spurs in all honesty

not looking for blend or anything like that. simply really liked these individuals and enjoyed them playing for spurs - purely talking about while they were at the club and how i felt watching them at the time...

My bench;
Friedel
Dawson
BAE
Tainio
Dominguez
Sigurdsson
Keane/Berbatov - if they can share awards, they can share a spot on the bench :)

Get the fuck out.

Lloris
Walker
King
Mabbutt
Rose
Bale
Modric
Gazza
Ginola
Kane
Klinnsmann

Subs:
Thorsvedt
Edinburgh
Vertonghen
Lineker
Van der Vaart
Carr
Anderton

Last edited:
Get the fuck out.
With what I know about him now, I wouldn't want him within a mile of the stadium.
At the time, he was a bit of a hero to me. Was so upset when he left and will never forgive him.
Doesn't change the fact he was arguably one of our best ever defenders, and whilst at the club an absolute nightmare for attackers.

With what I know about him now, I wouldn't want him within a mile of the stadium.
At the time, he was a bit of a hero to me. Was so upset when he left and will never forgive him.
Doesn't change the fact he was arguably one of our best ever defenders, and whilst at the club an absolute nightmare for attackers.

King, Vertonghen, Alderweireld all superior to him, imo.

So he's not worth a mention. A mole on the ass of life, is what he is.

LLORIS

WALKER--------ALDERWEIRELD--------KING-------------ROSE

CARRICK

MODRIC-----------------DEMBELE

VAN DER VAART----------------------------------------------------------BALE

KANE

MANAGER: POCHETTINO

Lloris - simply the best PL keeper

Rose - from pacey and powerful to skilful and intelligent
Dawson - just love the bloke and his commitment
Vertonghen - classy defender all round
Carr - pace and memorable goals

Dembele - power, control, skill
Modric - the machine that makes everything happen
Eriksen - at his best a worldie
VDV - so much fun watching him play

Kane - obvs
Defoe - loved seeing him smash in the goals

Best side yet even without Sissoko......

LLORIS

WALKER--------ALDERWEIRELD--------KING-------------ROSE

CARRICK

MODRIC-----------------DEMBELE

VAN DER VAART----------------------------------------------------------BALE

KANE

MANAGER: POCHETTINO

Agree but I prefer Carr to Walker

Back
Top Bottom