Your Keep/Get shot list

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You said get someone who can score more. Who?

Ivan Toney and Adam Armstrong are two guys I would look at from the Championship.

Edouard from Celtic, Leao from Milan but he is probably more money than the Vini buy clause would have been, Amine Gouri looks like a good young player, Mousa Dembele is someone I would look at.

There are also MF options that would score more goals than he like Periera and Buendia.

Ivan Toney and Adam Armstrong are two guys I would look at from the Championship.

Edouard from Celtic, Leao from Milan but he is probably more money than the Vini buy clause would have been, Amine Gouri looks like a good young player, Mousa Dembele is someone I would look at.

There are also MF options that would score more goals than he like Periera and Buendia.
Timu puki? He's pretty good

Timu puki? He's pretty good

I am not a fan because I know a few Finnish guys who drive me nuts overrating him so I have a personal bias against him.

The fact is that there are a number of Vinicius level options that offer one of or multiple of: younger, HG, positional flexible or better.

The team already said they aren't paying his release clause so I think he is gone. He is not a good fit for what we need and not close to good enough to be in the starting 11.

I am not a fan because I know a few Finnish guys who drive me nuts overrating him so I have a personal bias against him.

The fact is that there are a number of Vinicius level options that offer one of or multiple of: younger, HG, positional flexible or better.

The team already said they aren't paying his release clause so I think he is gone. He is not a good fit for what we need and not close to good enough to be in the starting 11.
If he’s anything like Jari Litmanen let’s go...

:mourthumb:

Lloris - Keep
Hart - See ya. Fucking imbecile.

Davies - Boring. Injury prone. Bye
Reguilon - Ridiculous player. On loan. Bye
Rodon - Loan to Swansea.
Sanchez - Absolute mug. Bye
Dier - Nothing. Bye
Toby - Sweeper system ? Keep
Aurier - Nowhere near as bad as people say. Keep
Doherty - There is a player there. Keep.
Sessegnon - Forgot about him. Bye.
Foyth - Keep.
Tanganga (get well fella) loan to Orient.

Lo Celso - Waste of money. Bye
Ndombele - As above Bye.
Lamela - Can’t imagine we can give him away.
Dele - bye. And I don’t like you.
Bergwijn - But who will replace his 1 goal a season ratio ? Bye.
Winks - Get shot
PEH- good back up option.
Gedson (who?) - Absolute legend. Shame.
Sissoko - China. Bye.
Lucas - Keep
Bale - There is a reason you can currently find pre printed Bale shirts on offer everywhere. Bye.

Vinny - “get shot” more like he should be shot
Son - Keep, streaky but good.
Kane - who fucking cares. You are not as good as Hoddle and Hoddle left too. So remember your place in this.

as you can tell I really respect our squad.

you'll find a couple of changes and with the new dynamic/coach a few of your 'get shot' will begin to perform... the trick is to know which ones have this potential
The issue is too many of the current crop have failed under multiple managers.

There is no way the likes of Winks, Sissoko, Dier, Sanchez, Aurier, Dele, Davies improve imo. They all need selling.

Doherty is shit but he can have another year.

Fuck off Bale, back to Madrid you pop.

I don’t think it will happen but let’s say City pay the £150-200m we would want. And let’s say we get roughly the below for sales that is approx £250m in sales plus all the wages saved from Rose, Vinnie etc.

Kane £150m
Sissoko £10m
Aurier £15m
Dier £10m
Sanchez £15m
Winks £20m
Foyth £15m
Lamela £5m-10m
Doherty £10m

I think that is enough for a rebuild let’s say the below as targets or players similar.

£30m Ings
£40m Daka
£40m Beundia
£30m Lamptey
£50m Bissouma
£30m White
£40m Ake

I don’t think it will happen but let’s say City pay the £150-200m we would want. And let’s say we get roughly the below for sales that is approx £250m in sales plus all the wages saved from Rose, Vinnie etc.

Kane £150m
Sissoko £10m
Aurier £15m
Dier £10m
Sanchez £15m
Winks £20m
Foyth £15m
Lamela £5m-10m
Doherty £10m

I think that is enough for a rebuild let’s say the below as targets or players similar.

£30m Ings
£40m Daka
£40m Beundia
£30m Lamptey
£50m Bissouma
£30m White
£40m Ake
Really like the incoming players but good luck with getting 10m for Sissoko and 15m for Sanchez etc etc

Really like the incoming players but good luck with getting 10m for Sissoko and 15m for Sanchez etc etc

Maybe we sell Dele to make up the difference. That would be net spend zero, you’d hope we could at least put a few million extra this summer.

Maybe we sell Dele to make up the difference. That would be net spend zero, you’d hope we could at least put a few million extra this summer.
I think we will spend around 100m less than we bring in.... recenue has dropped 150m from 19/20 and no CL next season, likely to be half full stadiums too

For me there are five players that absolutely must go this summer, they cannot be anywhere near our squad next season if we want to be challenging for top 4 again. Those players are:

Winks
Aurier
Sanchez
Dier
Sissoko

Anyone else can go if a decent offer comes in for them. Of course the other concern is that we need Hitchen and Levy to buy well which always worry’s me.

Back
Top Bottom