Your most celebrated Spurs goal...?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It has to be Nielsen's goal against Leicester. I blacked out with joy! Why? I was 14, we were at the old Wembley, I was sure that with ten men we would lose, the goal meant we had won and would be in Europe next season, it was the first silverware I'd seen Spurs win. The first now of two lol.

Second was the 4-4 at Woolwich. Just because I had completely given up hope and was only still there because I don't believe in leaving early. I was at the game with my girlfriend. When we got a corner just after Jenas scored our third I drunkenly said to her "if we score again I'll buy you a mansion"- it was the first thing that came to my head. We didn't score from the corner but Lennon's goal came just after that. We all went absolutely mental, and I think I blacked out again but only for a few seconds. Unfortunately for my girlfriend I'm still relatively skint and spend all my money on Spurs so no mansion as yet, luckily she's not the materialistic type.

For me Crouch & Defoe against Young Boys at the Lane.

Not only was it emotional enough to be at the game and hear the Champions League theme music at White Hart Lane for the very first time, see the centre circle covered with the Champions League logo and ripple while the music played. We were down 3-2 from the first leg which put a little bit of doubt in my mind but we had two all important away goals. Game on!

As nerve racking as it was, to see Crouch hit the net after only 5 minutes i just remember screaming FUCKING YES! Belief. Then Defoe makes it two with a left foot shot in off the post, FUCKING YES! two up at half time and level on aggregate, one more will seal the tie.

Second half, two more Crouch goals and two more FUCKING YES's, the whistle blows. We've done it! Were in the Champions League!

Obviously the games to follow after that, most notably beating both Milan Clubs very very special. But without beating the Boys of Young like we did, those games would not have happened.

For me.... Young Boys at the Lane.

Not only was it emotional enough to be at the game and hear the Champions League theme music at White Hart Lane for the very first time, see the centre circle covered with the Champions League logo and ripple while the music played.

We've done it! Were in the Champions League!.

Ah, they've got you... They've bought your soul with promises of music and logos that you convince yourself your life was nothing without it.... That's how they trick you into thinking the CL is the be-all and end-all of life!

It's stunts like this that eventually killed the European Cup Winners Cup!
Tell your children, tell them it existed, and wasn't some made up name!
There WAS European Football before the Champions League!

Football is dead!

Ah, they've got you... They've bought your soul with promises of music and logos that you convince yourself your life was nothing without it.... That's how they trick you into thinking the CL is the be-all and end-all of life!

It's stunts like this that eventually killed the European Cup Winners Cup!
Tell your children, tell them it existed, and wasn't some made up name!
There WAS European Football before the Champions League!

Football is dead!
I was just thinking this. Young Boys wasn't really very special for me at all - after all it was merely a play-off tie to see who qualifies for the group stages! The Champions League theme tune is pretty awesome I must say, but it doesn't stir me with emotion like, say, Jerusalem or something like that. It's all just part of a marketing ploy.

I was just thinking this. Young Boys wasn't really very special for me at all - after all it was merely a play-off tie to see who qualifies for the group stages! The Champions League theme tune is pretty awesome I must say, but it doesn't stir me with emotion like, say, Jerusalem or something like that. It's all just part of a marketing ploy.

The Young Boys second leg was hyped as the BIGGEST. GAME. EVER. After one goal, everyone went mental, Second was a big relief. Third was - What the fuck were we all worried about? Fourth was almost - Why did I even bother coming to this procession?

Honestly think for me it Gazza's free kick v the filth in 91. Sadly I wasn't at Wembley and watched it from home. My neighbours thought I was being attacked!

Recently? Crouch's at Man City. What it meant for the club, at their place in the final few minutes. I watched that in a bar in El Segundo surrounded by a load of bemused yanks. My screaming went down well :D

Mine were, in no particular order...

- Crouchie's header to get us Champs League. I had a lump in my throat after that goal and had to hold everything in not to cry. All the shit and pain whisked away in a flash of a goal and finally felt like this was a new dawn. (before getting utterly cunted for 4th last year)

- Woodgate at Wembley. Had a smile on my face for a week after that game, winning something meant so much and dived on a load of random yids at a pub in Cardiff to celebrate.

- Robinson's goal against Foster - Just a cracking party atmosphere after that goal and everyone was bouncing for the rest of the game. A time when we weren't bogged down with thinking we should win every game and appreciated each win.

- Malbranque's goal against the scum to make it 5-1. Just pure relief and elation (I love that man). I don't think there is a single substance in the world to make me feel how I did that night.

- Lennon's equaliser again scum to make it 4-4. It was more down to how cunty RVP was being and doing that little cocky dance when they got the fourth, it was a real fuck you and something we'd do to them a few more times.

- Klinsmann's over head against Leicester. Was a wee boy and was desperate to see the man play, I did, he did an over heard kick, I went chicken...

- Crouchie's header to get us Champs League. I had a lump in my throat after that goal and had to hold everything in not to cry. All the shit and pain whisked away in a flash of a goal and finally felt like this was a new dawn. (before getting utterly cunted for 4th last year)

- Woodgate at Wembley. Had a smile on my face for a week after that game, winning something meant so much and dived on a load of random yids at a pub in Cardiff to celebrate.

- Robinson's goal against Foster - Just a cracking party atmosphere after that goal and everyone was bouncing for the rest of the game. A time when we weren't bogged down with thinking we should win every game and appreciated each win.

- Malbranque's goal against the scum to make it 5-1. Just pure relief and elation (I love that man). I don't think there is a single substance in the world to make me feel how I did that night.

- Lennon's equaliser again scum to make it 4-4. It was more down to how cunty RVP was being and doing that little cocky dance when they got the fourth, it was a real fuck you and something we'd do to them a few more times.

- Klinsmann's over head against Leicester. Was a wee boy and was desperate to see the man play, I did, he did an over heard kick, I went chicken...

edit:

- Forgot to say the Bent goal against Bolton in Harry's first game that I did for the podcast. When Bent got that penalty it felt like we would never win again and almost couldn't watch him take it. It went in and what is becoming a theme here I had a lump in my front and shed a wee tear.Just felt like the nightmare was over and we were going to be ok. Plus I never had to hear 'the worst start since the Titanic sunk' every person that mentioned that should've had a pineapple shoved up their harris.

If you mean the home debut that was against Everton.

Back
Top Bottom