Your most celebrated Spurs goal...?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember Barmby scoring a beauty of a header against Blackburn in 1995 when we turned them over 3-1. Their fans were immense that day, and had expected to beat us quite handsomely but we were superb. I headbutted my Dad by accident and he got the right arsehole...

This is obscure but Caskey scoring the winner against Everton to complete an injury time come back - we were terrible at the time, it was a rare moment of joy.

But Kaboul's against Woolwich wins hands down every time - without competition.

I remember Barmby scoring a beauty of a header against Blackburn in 1995 when we turned them over 3-1. Their fans were immense that day, and had expected to beat us quite handsomely but we were superb. I headbutted my Dad by accident and he got the right arsehole...

This is obscure but Caskey scoring the winner against Everton to complete an injury time come back - we were terrible at the time, it was a rare moment of joy.

But Kaboul's against Woolwich wins hands down every time - without competition.

That caskey goal and the celebration afterwards is what made me become a proper spurs fan.

Stalteri's against Wham back in the day was pretty special - remember kicking and tipping over a book-case

Some that come to mind.

Gazzas free kick
Paul Stewart in the final (Des walkers own goal too- mainly because we just hit the crossbar).
Popescu
Lennon against chelsea
Steed scoring the 5th
Woodgate
Crouch against city
Danny Rose
Kaboul
Crouch against Milan
Dempsey against united

After all the obvious ones. Crouch at Milan and Danny rose- its probably vertonghen against man u, I was there and was not expecting us to even score let alone within 3 minutes.

The reason Woodgate v Chelsea doesn't quite make it for me is because it wasn't a game/set/match goal. All it did was set up half an hour of absolute chronic illness inducing hell. The main celebration happened at the final whistle.

Likewise Crouch at San Siro, great goal - and obviously bloody decisive in the end but it certainly didn't settle anything at the time. Crouch at Eastlands however, that was it right there and then, and everyone funking knew it.

not so much the goal celebration but the save celebration!.
rickys wonder dribble goal celebration was good.. started at the top of the top tier of standing at Wembley & went right to the bottom without touching the terracing then going back to the lane & seeing an old fella standing on top of his car in his pyjama's waving a giant spurs flag at 1 a.m in the morning

but!!.. tony parkes penalty save in the wafer cup final v Anderlecht meant all the pubs around Tottenham staying open unofficially all night. possibly the greatest night I've experienced following my spurs.

Stalteri's against Wham back in the day was pretty special - remember kicking and tipping over a book-case
was right in front of me!!!... was in row 5, funny thing is I could see it happening as we broke.. I could see stalteri steaming down the middle as soon as the keeper palmed jd's shot it I was celebrating!.

for all the downs moments like that make up for it tenfold:thumbup:

I cant fucking get over that. Actually shaking from buzzyness on the come down after it went in. Nearly fell over running from the sofa. Automatically ran to AVB to lick him.

There have been quite a few epic celebrations but there is one goal that left a special mark on me, that was Jenas' equalizer against Woolwich in 06/07. At the time I wouldn't call myself a fan but I had a growing feeling for the club. The way I suffered throughout that match and how happy I felt with his goal made me realize that maybe I cared more about Tottenham Hotspur than I had realized. That was the moment in which I thought to myself "I'm a Yid!"

Rather than that, the list is pretty similar to you guys: Crouch at City, Kaboul at the Emirates, Danny Rose's screamer, Dempsey against United and Woodgate at Wembley spring to mind. Tonight's goal deserves an honourable mention as well, almost destroyed my headphones, they went flying off my head. :D

Back
Top Bottom