Your most celebrated Spurs goal...?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lennon in the 4-4 with Woolwich. Sent myself and my step-dad crazy and we were dancing round the front room.

Woodgate in the Carling Cup Final. Listened to it on the radio which I think made it even more special.
I listened to that game on the radio. there's something about hearing it all and not seeing that just ratchets up the tension

I listened to that game on the radio. there's something about hearing it all and not seeing that just ratchets up the tension

Aw, I hate listening to Spurs matches on the radio... Feels like I'm missing out on something!
And also, when they (occasionally) get the score wrong... I remember a game years ago on Capital Gold Sport (told you it was years ago) where we weren't the commentary game, but a goal flash went up for our match, and they cut to wherever we were playing, (we were away, possibly Bolton, can't remember now) but gave the scoreline as if WE'D scored the opening goal...naturally, I went mental, but it was only when the reporter started describing the goal, that none of the players mentioned were OUR players, and it took me a moment to realise that in fact we'd gone 1-0 down!
I never did get my compensation case heard for emotional torment!!

Crouch's goal at The Etihad for me. I couldn't believe the team I had supported through all the shite of the 90's and 00's was going to finish in a Champions League place. Flipped the arm chair upside down, my housemate thought I was having some kind of fit and ran downstairs to check on me.

Aw, I hate listening to Spurs matches on the radio... Feels like I'm missing out on something!
And also, when they (occasionally) get the score wrong... I remember a game years ago on Capital Gold Sport (told you it was years ago) where we weren't the commentary game, but a goal flash went up for our match, and they cut to wherever we were playing, (we were away, possibly Bolton, can't remember now) but gave the scoreline as if WE'D scored the opening goal...naturally, I went mental, but it was only when the reporter started describing the goal, that none of the players mentioned were OUR players, and it took me a moment to realise that in fact we'd gone 1-0 down!
I never did get my compensation case heard for emotional torment!!
I remember listening to games on radio 2, long before 5 live (which has been around for 20 years).
I hate listening too, but simply because i cant see it.

Only considering goals where I was there... Crouch at City, Dembele at Lyon and Woodgate v Chelsea are the three that stand out for obvious reasons. Of those, the Crouch one has to be the one I celebrated the most I suppose. Went absolutely mental in the ground for a solid 45 minutes until they let us out. Then I was meant to be driving home that evening, but it didn't seem appropriate, so we ended up stashing my car somewhere and getting blind drunk on unlabelled knock-off vodka at a friend of a friend of a friend's student flat and waking up on the floor!

crouch at city. for 2 days the only words that came out of my knackered hoarse voice where 'WE ARE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE' seems so long ago but its actually not.

For me, Lineker's goal to make it 3-1 in the FA cup semi final of 91. As good as Gazza's free kick was it was early in the game and the goons made it 2-1 just before the break. It was nervous as hell in the second half but then Lineker got put through and Seaman let the ball squirm through his hands....15 mins to go but i knew we were home and dry then.

Definitely Crouchy against City, me, my Dad and my brother went absolutely ape shit. Surprised the neighbours never called the police.

I was stood in the pub, jumped up in the air and banged my head on a light when that went in.

Was still amazing, even in a pub up here it was quite full of Spurs. Safe to say I had a headache in the morning.

Not exactly 'most celebrated' but most confusing for me was Paul Robinson's goal against Watford a few years ago. I got a text a couple of minutes before and thought I'd check it as he took the free-kick (what with it being on the edge of our area I didn't think I'd miss anything for a couple of seconds), next thing I know everyone else is jumping all over the place and it took me a few seconds to work out what was going on.

Dembele's low shot from distance to secure the win against Lyon in the dying embers of the game in the EL last season was quite a good one too.
dembele.gif

Kaboul vs Woolwich, Lennon vs Chelsea, Woodgate vs Chelsea and Neilsen against Leicester are all immediate ones.

Poyet's winner against Birmingham (4-3 I think) I went ape-shit. Docherty was getting so much shit from the crowd and he set the winner up.

I seem to have a habit of missing big goals so i have a few odd memories.

Lennons winner against chelsea i was sat in my room doing maths homework listening to it on the radio.
When he scored i went fucking mental though, because it had been built up so much as "we never beat chelsea blah blah" but id had a little feeling for a few days we were going to do it.

Dembele's i was at a funeral, id checked the score at around half time, then about 5 minutes after it finished i checked again and saw the final score and what had happened and me and my mate thats tottenham went fucking mental in the middle of a pub surrounded by people being quiet and crying. But we were with a lot of gooners and Chelsea, who'd been saying all day that we were going out. And what with it being such an emotional day... it was crazy.

The 3-1 against Dnipro though, that was insane, in block 35. That was properly mental. I made a noise my body shouldn't have been capable of. A sort of roar for about 2 minutes. Pure joy. Better feeling than any drug. Same with the West ham, Bale goal but that obviously goes without saying.

Big Pete at the San Siro, listening to it on the radio seemed to concentrate the tension. Think I did ten laps of the house screaming when he slotted it home.

Back
Top Bottom