Your Player of the Season 2021-22?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is it then?

• Hugo

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Doherty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reguilon

• D Sanchez

• Royal

• Ben 'Daddy' Davies

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Dier

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Romero

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Hojbjerg

• Winksy

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Sess

• Skippy

• Bentancur

• Kulusevski

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Sonny

Votes: 127 76.5%
  • Harry

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Bergwijn

• Moura

• Scarlett

• Total voters
Didn't even have to think about it
come on you spurs son heung min GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

Main reasons:-
1. Has shown incredible loyalty to us when things weren't going well.
2. Even when he wasn't playing particularly well, he was still pitching in with goals.
3. He is one of the most humble, down to earth individuals in a sport that's littered with egoists and bellends.
4. He's all about the Team.
5. Other players have have had great games/patches, but Sonny has been our most consistent player throughout the season.
6. In previous years when he's won it, thought it was maybe not deserved as much, but this season, it's a no-brainer, in my humble opinion.

mummy

We're not dead yet ...are we?
2 games to go, slightly premature, but for me it has to be Sonny again. Miles ahead. A footballing genius who is becoming less underrated by the day, his heart is football-shaped, his skills are magical, his contribution to our club and to the team's success is immense and it's getting immensier.
What sealed it was his MOTM performance against The Runners. Scared their defence into conceding a penalty, rattled Holding so much he got himself sent off and, for all the magical goals he's scored this season, his 'final nail in the coffin' goal against those scum is my favorite - Pure Kipling.

"If you can keep your head, when all about you are losing theirs, you are a man, my Son." ...Dink!

For me, Kane, Hugo, Hojberg, Davies and Dier are also well worth a mention. Other potential contenders haven't played enough, for me.

I can see why lots of folks would have Son as player of the season
I would give a shout for Davies, not a goalscorer or high on the assists but for him feel he has had a good season playing as a CH

Sonny by a country mile.

Romero, Dier and Davies get special mentions and this has possibly been Hugo's best season for us (13 clean sheets, in part thanks to those three above) and Kane scoring 15 league goals, mostly since January can't go unmentioned. But Son has been incredible.

Kane is perhaps our most important player, but right now Son is our best. For me.

Honourable mentions for Bentancur and Kulusevski. Skippy before his injury and credit to Doherty too, before Matt Cash fucked him.

Pretty easy to say Son as nobody is really close.

Kane has turned it on late but has not had near the consistency of Son. Romero has been very good surrounded by crap but hasn't player enough and even if he had not sure he passes Son. Hugo has been his usual terrific self and I think sometimes we take for granted how great he is.

Outside those 4 nobody really close. Its laughable people mention dogshit like Dier and Davies. They are terrible and should be nowhere near this team let alone mentioned in a Player of the Season thread unless to point out exactly what a Player of the Season is.
Ha ha, Dier and Davies were excellent against your Woolwich the other day fella.....your fuckin team were the dogshit..

Dier for me. Son although still fine overall has had some really poor games this season considering his ability. Dier has been rock solid game in, game out.

They weren't excellent and it ain't my Woolwich but I think it is pathetic that people can't handle others being honest about Spurs so have to result to pathetic insults rather than look at the squad honestly.
Why do you even bother? I bet there isn’t one poster on this site that listens to a word you say..
You’re a complete idiot who has no idea about football in general let alone Spurs.

It’s really obvious. I feel like people wanna don’t wanna go with the blatant choice. There’s really no reasonable argument to be made that Dier has been better than Son across the season.

Son is a legitimate shout for PL player of the season ffs, let alone just Spurs!

79,3% has gone for the "blatant choice". Others may vote in jest, or to give a "shoutout" to someone they see as deserving of credit after a great season.

I agree that Son has been excellent and that he probably deserves to be named poty.

However, I personally voted for Hugo who I think is and has been a fantastic, crucially important, and underrated by many, captain, leader, and goalkeeper and star player for us. Previous years he's been getting some hate for making some costly and silly mistakes. This season he's been rock solid.

Difficult, went for Son in the end.

If the vote had happened half way in the season it would have been Skipp or Romero but both of them have had injury ravaged seasons, prior to that though they were our most consistent players particularly under Nuno when things where shit.

Kane has been very good since he got over his tantrum at the start of the season but has had some poor games. Honourable mentions need to go to Dier, Davies and Hojbjerg. Bentancur and Kulu have also had a good impact.

If Romero and Skipp can have a injury free season next year I will put my money on one of them being POTY. Absolute class talents, if Skipp had stayed fit we would have been nailed on 4th in my view.

If it weren’t for Kanes absence til about December time I would say him as he has been simply another level the last few months

Has to be Sonny for consistency across the whole season

Back
Top Bottom