You're The DOF

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy appoints you DOF, you've got 100m plus whatever you can raise in sales to spend in the summer.

Here is a list of valuations for our players that we must all stick to (I've started with transfermarket.com valuations and adjusted where I think reasonable - nearly all of them downwards):

GKDefendersMidfieldersAM/FWD
Lloris 18m​
Sanchez 35m​
Skipp 15m​
Sessegnon 25m​
Gazzaniga 5mAlderwiereld 15mNdombele 50mAlli 55m
Vorm 0mVertonghen 10mLo Celso 50mSon 60m
Foyth 15mWinks 40mBergwijn 30m
Tanganga 10mSissoko 15mMoura 25m
Davies 15mLamela 15m
Aurier 15mKane 150m
KWP 10m
Dier 25m

The most players you can sell is 10

Lets see what your first 11 and 22 look like after the window.

Last edited:
Here's mine.

I'm letting Vorm and Vertonghen go on a free.

SELLBUY
Gazzaniga 5Onana 45
Alderweireld 15Upamecano 50
Foyth 15Zagadou 35
Moura 25Camavinga 45
Sissoko 15Hakimi 60
Winks 40Ballo-Toure 10
Lamela 15Fekir 40
Alli 55Eze 10
Aurier 15Sangare 15
Dier 25M Lopez 15
TOTAL 225 + 100 = 325Total 325

Squad
Non HG. HG Club Trained/HG
GKDEFMIDAM/FW
OnanaHakimiNdombeleKane
LlorisKWPLo CelsoFekir
AustinBallo-Toure CamavingaSon
CirkinSangareBergwijn
UpamecanoSkippEze
ZagadouLopezSessegnon
Sanchez
Tanganga
Davies

Onana

Hakimi-------Upamecano------------Zagadou---------Ballo-Toure
(KWP)---------(Sanchez)-----------(Tanganga)---------(Cirkin)

Ndombele----------Camavinga-----------Lo Celso
(Sangare)------------(Skipp)----------(Lopez)

Son------------Kane-----------Fekir
(Bergwijn)-------(Fekir)--------(Eze)-----(Sess)

Last edited:
Levy appoints you DOF, you've got 100m plus whatever you can raise in sales to spend in the summer.

Here is a list of valuations for our players that we must all stick to (I've started with transfermarket.com valuations and adjusted where I think reasonable - nearly all of them downwards):

GKDFMFFW
Lloris 18mSanchez 35mSkipp 15mSessegnon 25m
Gazzaniga 5mAlderwiereld 15mNdombele 50mAlli 55m
Vorm 0mVertonghen 10mLo Celso 50mSon 60m
Foyth 15mWinks 40mBergwijn 30m
Tanganga 10mSissoko 15mMoura 25m
Davies 15mLamela 15m
Aurier 15mKane 150m
KWP 10m
Dier 25m

The most players you can sell is 10 + Vorm (Even that would be an outstanding clear-out by any window standards)

Lets see what your first 11 and 22 look like after the window.
Would that have killed you? And it doesn't even take 2.5 pages/scrolls to read anymore.

That said, good idea. But you should stipulate whether or not Jose is here in you hypothetical setup. That would greatly alter how recruitment would go relative to an actual football manager.

Here's mine.

Sell:

Gazzaniga5
Vorm
Alderweireld15
Foyth15
Dier25
Sissoko15
Winks40
Lamela15
Alli55
KWP10

Total 195m + 100m

Budget 295

Buy
Goalkeeper 45m
Upamecano (RCB) 50m
Zagadou (LCB) 35m
Camavinga (6) 45m
Hakimi (RB) 60m
Bradaric/Ballo-Toure (LB) 10m
Fekir(AM/FW/CF) 40m

Total 285

Looking something like this:

Keeper
(Lloris)

Hakimi-------Upamecano--------Zagadou-------Ballo-Toure
(Aurier) (Sanchez) (Tanganga) (Davies) (Cirkin)

Ndombele-----------Camavinga----------Lo Celso
Brandt---------------Skipp

Fekir--------------Kane--------------Son
(Moura)-----------(Fekir/Parrott)--------(Bergwijn)
Two things, how is Brandt in your team when you haven't purchased him...unless that is an academy kid. Is that an academy kid? And secondly...do the purchases need to be 'realistic' or just anyone we want and can afford by transfermarkt prices? Oops, and thirdly, you say only 10 but Jan is OOC in summer and maybe shouldn't count towards 10...and HG status seems a problems for you.

You do realize that all Football Clubs are switching to survival mode atm, right ?

And that the transfer market will be an extremely different one, whenever it opens ?

Trying to shift an extremely well paid workforce which is generating no cash flow for the foreseeable future is unlikely to generate much in terms of transfer fees. And as for Clubs offering DOFs war chests of 100M from their precious liquidity reserve, dream on.

Last edited:
I'll play your game of ins 'n outs

Sell:

Hugo 18
Gazza 5
Toby 15
KWP 10
Davies 15
Dier 25
Sissoko 15
Dele 55
Lamela 15
Lucas 25

I'd just let Jan and Vorm leave

198 + 100 = 298

Buy:

Myron Boadu 20
Todd Cantwell 22
Calvin Stengs 20
Teun Koopmeiners 16
Kalvin Phillips 15
Dwight McNeil 20
Caglar Söyüncü 40
Ozan Kabak 32
Jean-Clair Todibo 10
James Justin 4
Dean Henderson 18
Illan Meslier 5

Since that leaves me with some spare money and Transfermarkt haven't got the 'Inflated-british-prices' I'll just add some extra talent for a rainy day

Jude Bellingham 12
Eberechi Eze 10
Omar richards 1
Michael Olise 0,9
Neco Williams ?
Nohan Kenneh ?
Coniah Boyce-Clarke ?
Luke Jonathan Thomas ?

245,9 (or ???)

I'll only set up in a 4-3-3

Kane
(Boadu)

Cantwell -------------------------------------------------- Son
(Bergwijn) ------------------------------------------------- (Stengs)

Koopmeiners ----- Phillips ------ Lo Celso
(Winks) ------ (Skipp) ------ (Ndombele)

McNeil ------- Söyüncü ------- Sanchez ------- Justin
(Sessegnon) ------ (Todibo) ------ (Kabak) ------ (Aurier)

Henderson
(Meslier)​

That does leave some work for the coaching staff to make that LB work, and make sure Skipp is ready to be a 2nd choice.

Send Parrott, Foyth and Tanganga out on loan. I wouldn't sell Foyth until I had seen him get regular starts

Would that have killed you? And it doesn't even take 2.5 pages/scrolls to read anymore.

That said, good idea. But you should stipulate whether or not Jose is here in you hypothetical setup. That would greatly alter how recruitment would go relative to an actual football manager.

How do I do that (the table thing)?

Lets say if you choose to sack Mourinho, that takes 30m off your budget (the rumour is it will cost Levy more than that to sack him).

And secondly...do the purchases need to be 'realistic' or just anyone we want and can afford by transfermarkt prices?

I'd say as realistic as possible.

Two things, how is Brandt in your team when you haven't purchased him...unless that is an academy kid. Is that an academy kid? Oops, and thirdly, you say only 10 but Jan is OOC in summer and maybe shouldn't count towards 10...and HG status seems a problems for you.

Nobody likes a wisenheimer.

Here's mine.

Sell:

Gazzaniga5
Vorm
Alderweireld15
Foyth15
Dier25
Sissoko15
Winks40
Lamela15
Alli55
KWP10

Total 195m + 100m

Budget 295

Buy
Goalkeeper 45m
Upamecano (RCB) 50m
Zagadou (LCB) 35m
Camavinga (6) 45m
Hakimi (RB) 60m
Bradaric/Ballo-Toure (LB) 10m
Fekir(AM/FW/CF) 40m

Total 285

Looking something like this:

Keeper
(Lloris)

Hakimi-------Upamecano--------Zagadou-------Ballo-Toure
(Aurier) (Sanchez) (Tanganga) (Davies) (Cirkin)

Ndombele-----------Camavinga----------Lo Celso
Skipp

Fekir--------------Kane--------------Son
(Moura)-----------(Fekir/Parrott)--------(Bergwijn)
How’s the homegrown numbers looking?

Sell -
Foyth, Dier, KWP, Aurier, Lamela (70m)

Buy - 170m
Eze (20m, 150m left)
Godfrey (40m, 110m left)
Atal (40m, 70m left)
Zakaria (50m, 20m left)
Osimhen loan (15m for the season, pay an additional 30m to make the transfer permanent at the end of the season)
Nathan Ferguson (free but we’d owe some kind of compensation at a tribunal due to his age, so 5m left to cover any of that)

You do realize that all Football Clubs are switching to survival mode atm, right ?

And that the transfer market will be an extremely different one, whenever it opens ?

Trying to shift an extremely well paid workforce which is generating no cash flow for the foreseeable future is unlikely to generate much in terms of transfer fees. And as for Clubs offering DOFs war chests of 100M from their precious liquidity reserve, dream on.
Jeez mate, you must be a blast at parties...
Even though you’re probably right we need something to keep us entertained and I think this is a good thread to get us thinking...

I personally think it could/should go something like this...

Out:
-KWP
-Jan
-Foyth (think it would be a huge mistake but Mourinho clearly doesn’t rate him whatsoever)
-Rose
-Dier

In:
-Aarons
-Ubamecano
-Soumare
-Giroud (Don’t want this but could see it happening easily)
-Willian (Again, wouldn’t want this prick near the club but would be a classic Mourinho move and reckon it probably has legs)

Would leave us with...
GK: Hugo/Gazza
RB: Aarons/Aurier
CB: Toby/Sanchez/Ubamecano/Tanganga
LB: Davies/Sessengnon
DM: Soumare/Skipp/Winks
CM: Ndombele/Winks/Gedson/Sissoko
AM: Lo Celso/Dele
WG: Son/Bergwijn/Lucas/Lamela/Willian
ST: Kane/ Giroud/ Parrott

Like I said a lot of this is what I think will happen rather than what I think should happen, for example I think we need a new left back badly but Mourinho seems to like Davies and the club evidently signed Sess as the future left back, and I’d like to see us move on from players like Lamela and Sissoko this Summer but again, extremely unlikely to happen.
Be interested to hear other opinions.

You do realise that Spurs aren't actually going to make any of us DOF don't you?

OK, can someone Spursidol Spursidol ? remind me how the HG rule works, so I can amend accordingly?

Under CL rules (and abbreviated for ease):

Club trained players - those who have been under contract for 3 years at Spurs from the ages of 16 to 21 (excluding any loans out).

Players trained by other clubs affiliated to The FA (ie excluding Cardiff Swansea, Scottish and Irish clubs) - those who have been under contract for 3 years at those other clubs from the ages of 16 to 21 (excluding any loans out).

Under 21's - Players under 21 on 1 January in the year the season commences and have spent 2 years at a club affiliated to the FA

Winks was 50m when I did this yesterday?

Either way, I think as a HG 24yo Eng Int 40m is pretty realistic than 25m for a 31yo non HG donkey

Its the age bit which will most impact a player of 31 - just no certainty they will be able to play at a high level for 5 years or even 3 years at that age.

A 24 year old will always have a higher value on that basis - already experienced amd should have at least 7 or 8 years playing time and quite possibly 10 years

Under CL rules (and abbreviated for ease):

Club trained players - those who have been under contract for 3 years at Spurs from the ages of 16 to 21 (excluding any loans out).

Players trained by other clubs affiliated to The FA (ie excluding Cardiff Swansea, Scottish and Irish clubs) - those who have been under contract for 3 years at those other clubs from the ages of 16 to 21 (excluding any loans out).

Under 21's - Players under 21 on 1 January in the year the season commences and have spent 2 years at a club affiliated to the FA

So what are the actual quotas (ie how many non HG, how many HG etc) I must meet

Back
Top Bottom