Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm still waiting for Mr Buttons Mr Buttons , probably the biggest opposer on here to pipe up, and say sorry they were wrong to condemn an innocent man. Sorry they were suggesting an innocent man shouldn't get a top job they've earned, sorry they suggested an employer should be foolish enough to invest huge money without knowing what was happening.

And more importantly, say welcome to Bissouma, a class player who makes us so much better immediately

I'm still waiting for Mr Buttons Mr Buttons , probably the biggest opposer on here to pipe up, and say sorry they were wrong to condemn an innocent man. Sorry they were suggesting an innocent man shouldn't get a top job they've earned, sorry they suggested an employer should be foolish enough to invest huge money without knowing what was happening.

And more importantly, say welcome to Bissouma, a class player who makes us so much better immediately
He's probably busy reading a letter from Bissouma's lawyer. He's only a cat lots of big words in a libel suit.

I listened to the Extra inch a pod cast I've always enjoyed it. I liked those guys...I'll not listen again now. Their treatment of a person who had no due process was frankly revolting. One of them would not even analyse his game because something about sensitivity towards Bissouma VICTIM. Listen I'm a full snowflake. I'll use your pronouns and everything, I think the conviction rate for sexual offences are deeply problematic....but the fact that these so called enlighten podcasters could not see that their attitude was prejudicial and boarding on legally actionable on Bissouma's part was shameful. That the so called woke warriors could not see that using their platform to effectively stigmatise the club and a black man over an unsubstantiated allegation( with the racial history around just this kind of thing) it 100% put me off them.
Windy and Nathan offer great insight but are insufferable when politicising the game or going full wokard. You’re entitled to such opinions but FFS they really ram it down you’re throat. With Bissouma, I agree, innocent til proven guilty.

I stopped listening when they get on it and friends who considered sponsoring the show did the same. Probably start crying if you looked at them the wrong way like a couple of footer grebos.

Windy and Nathan offer great insight but are insufferable when politicising the game or going full wokard. You’re entitled to such opinions but FFS they really ram it down you’re throat. With Bissouma, I agree, innocent til proven guilty.

I stopped listening when they get on it and friends who considered sponsoring the show did the same. Probably start crying if you looked at them the wrong way like a couple of footer grebos.
I genuinely think if they had any brains they should worry when people from both ends of the political spectrum think they are getting it wrong

Did you listen to the transfer episode regards him? It was my last. I think he has a legally actionable case against them. He could bankrupt the jokers if he saw fit. Whatever little hair that bloke has left ...Bissouma would own.
I think another aspect of it that's really strange is they LOVE Potter and always speak very highly of him as both a coach and person. Yet, this man they hold in very high regard played Bissouma all season. It's only us acquiring him that's an issue apparently?

I still like their podcast, mostly because of Bardi, but the attitude they took towards it was very odd and felt very hypocritical.

What a shocker, a club worth billions of pounds done their research and didn't waste £25m

Happy for the guy, whatever happens unfortunately this will always linger around him but that's how the world is at the moment

Unbelievable signing

Once Nathan became a main stay for the pod I stopped listening. I had a back and forth with him on Twitter about Bissouma until he blocked me. They like to think they are so morally above everyone, it’s pathetic. TFC is a way better pod.

I recall there being a thread about The Extra Inch pontificating to fans that they should write to the club to express their displeasure at a tweet Moura liked. As Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow says if they were slagging off Bissouma then it's another black player they can spit down on from their lofty perch.

They come across as having some weird sort of white saviour complex unless somebody higher on the progressive stack such as a female is involved and then it's knives out for the black man.

Potter wouldn't have played him if there was any doubt. Levy wouldn't have bought him if there were any doubt. FFS plod wouldn't have let him out of the country if there were any doubt.

That he was considered GUILTY was a hot gooner take.

I recall there being a thread about The Extra Inch pontificating to fans that they should write to the club to express their displeasure at a tweet Moura liked. As Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow says if they were slagging off Bissouma then it's another black player they can spit down on from their lofty perch.

They come across as having some weird sort of white saviour complex unless somebody higher on the progressive stack such as a female is involved and then it's knives out for the black man.

Potter wouldn't have played him if there was any doubt. Levy wouldn't have bought him if there were any doubt. FFS plod wouldn't have let him out of the country if there were any doubt.

Exactly this. Listen I work in the entertainment industry I know serious journalists and broadcasters the only, I mean only sensible way to approach the Bissouma story was SAY NOTHING! It's not like Greenwood where hugely prejudicial information was in the public domain.

I was shocked at the tone the three men on the extra inch took. It was so high handed and clearly biased toward presumed guilt. Its not like we haven't just lived through the operation Midland debacle. I readily admit to thinking something is wrong badly broke in our criminal justice system regards prosecution of sexual offences but if it has an EVEN bigger issue its the speed at which it criminalised black men, you would of thought the the Extra inchers might have thought it through before they went Salem Witch trial.

Exactly this. Listen I work in the entertainment industry I know serious journalists and broadcasters the only, I mean only sensible way to approach the Bissouma story was SAY NOTHING! It's not like Greenwood where hugely prejudicial information was in the public domain.

I was shocked at the tone the three men on the extra inch took. It was so high handed and clearly biased toward presumed guilt. Its not like we haven't just lived through the operation Midland debacle. I readily admit to thinking something is wrong badly broke in our criminal justice system regards prosecution of sexual offences but if it has an EVEN bigger issue its the speed at which it criminalised black men, you would of thought the the Extra inchers might have thought it through before they went Salem Witch trial.
They’re trying to break away from the yobbish backward stereotype of the football fan. However, the snobby moraliser is hardly a better look.

That’s harsh re: black player, don’t see that take at all

Fairly certain they would have displayed similar naive idiocy if he’s white

I'm sure you're right. It's just the only players I have heard them slagging off have both been black and it was pathetic how they wanted Moura out of the club due to who he voted for in Brazil ffs. It's just weird.

We’ve got another good one 🥰

FW6r2LfXwAIqaL-

Your missing my point Zomb. They didn't even consider that there was an issue in talking about him in the way they did, could be problematic because of the issue in our criminal justice system.

Its like they could not see how damging them being so sickened by an accusation( they refused to analyse his game) was clearly prejudicial; our justice system disproportionately criminalises black men and they never even felt this warranted a mention in their self righteous rush to judgement. They are guilt of at best unconscious bias and I love to have an open conversation with about it but doubt they'd genuinely want that.

I’m reneging on this comment. The pair of snivelling pricks really were disgraceful on the latest episode - picking out Bolaisie and other black players, using terms like ‘sweet’ etc. really patronising tones

Back
Top Bottom