Zlatan Ibrahimovic...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was also due to their tactics to be fair. I think he still was one of their top 3 goalscorers that season.

The accusation was that they had to play tailored to him, regardless of what was best for those around him.... That he was scoring a decent amount but everyone else was being nullified and less of a threat.

Not that I think that a move for him is realistic, but the dude keeps delivering at an insane rate. 44 goals so far in 2 years in America, and the current season is far from over (he's on 22 currently).

I don't suspect his finishing skills have suddenly deserted him but MLS goals didn't mean much last time I checked....

But Levy would never green light a move for a 37 year old who would want at minimum a 3 year deal.

Thus we return to my age comment.

I doubt Zlatan would come to play bench option to Kane honestly
Me neither!

Q5fOvw.gif

Actually I think that Kane is best when he is lying a bit deeper than an out-and-out center forward like Zlatan. I could easily see them work together. As for the contract situation, any contract can be terminated by mutual agreement.

True but he couldn't join us now as even if he cancelled his contract tomorrow he wouldn't have been a free agent when the PL TW closed.....so earliest time he could join would be January

Assuming we wanted him of course - great name but maybe age an issue now ?

Where did I mention Bale, thicko?
I simply assumed that there's a lot of intersection between the whackos who would want an old, broken, can't even win the golden boot in MLS Zlatan and those who want an old, broken, can't even crack the squad in Madrid Bale. My bad.

For what it's worth, Rooney has been arguably more impressive and impactful in the MLS and so desperate to move back home that he's agreed to play for basically free with Derby. He's more flexible positionally, comes with far less ego, would be cheaper and happier as a squad player. Waaaaay better has-been striker signing than fucking Zlatan.

I simply assumed that there's a lot of intersection between the whackos who would want an old, broken, can't even win the golden boot in MLS Zlatan and those who want an old, broken, can't even crack the squad in Madrid Bale. My bad.

For what it's worth, Rooney has been arguably more impressive and impactful in the MLS and so desperate to move back home that he's agreed to play for basically free with Derby. He's more flexible positionally, comes with far less ego, would be cheaper and happier as a squad player. Waaaaay better has-been striker signing than fucking Zlatan.

Rooney at Spurs ? are you fucking insane ?. There are very few reasons I can think of for relinquishing my love and admiration of this wonderful football club I have supported for over 50 years. However, the thought of watching Rooney walking onto the pitch wearing a Tottenham shirt and seeing his knuckles scrape the grass as he did so is definitely on the list.

Rooney at Spurs ? are you fucking insane ?. There are very few reasons I can think of for relinquishing my love and admiration of this wonderful football club I have supported for over 50 years. However, the thought of watching Rooney walking onto the pitch wearing a Tottenham shirt and seeing his knuckles scrape the grass as he did so is definitely on the list.
I never said I wanted Rooney at Spurs, I don't want either of the washed up shits. Merely pointing out that from a playing squad perspective he represents a superior prospect. I'd much rather we just focused on finding another Son sort of alternative.

We're going to be hard pressed to find a pure CF that is willing to simply play when Kane doesn't and is worth a shit. Look at the top squads, in reality pure CFs are dinosaurs. Everyone has strikers that are very flexible positionally and offer far more than just goals and hold up play. Look to the future, not the past.

I never said I wanted Rooney at Spurs, I don't want either of the washed up shits. Merely pointing out that from a playing squad perspective he represents a superior prospect. I'd much rather we just focused on finding another Son sort of alternative.

We're going to be hard pressed to find a pure CF that is willing to simply play when Kane doesn't and is worth a shit. Look at the top squads, in reality pure CFs are dinosaurs. Everyone has strikers that are very flexible positionally and offer far more than just goals and hold up play. Look to the future, not the past.
My apologies then but when you typed "would be cheaper and happier as a squad player" it sounded like that was what you were proposing. :thumbup:

'Sweden for breakfast, Europe for lunch and the world for dinner' - Ibrahimovic on new statue
  • 9 Oct 20199 Oct 2019
  • From the sectionFootball
Former Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic gives his thoughts on the giant statue which has been built in his honour in his hometown of Malmo.

Back
Top Bottom