Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't like slagging our own players, but there comes a time when you're that bad, you don't play ever for us again.

We're at that stage with Skipp.

It isn't his fault, but he is absolutely a pointless player. He is championship level at best.

Just because he has a good mentality and he gets picked, mental.

Højbjerg, Gill & Donley all did more in the few minutes they were on.

He’s like 6th choice midfielder and he’s playing because we’ve had a massive injury/suspension crisis and now we’ve lost 2 in his position to AFCON.

When we are in Europe next season, we will need a bigger squad than this season and will need players like this to step in without losing the game. And he adds very little but he doesn’t fuck up much either.

No reason to try to get rid of him until we have someone better or more home grown players.

He is a Spurs through and through so respect and love for that.

However is just not at the required level for us or any top half PL team to be honest, maybe some very lower end PL team could be his level.

Like others have said it’s nothing personal. He’s a bit like Kane in the sense that he’s not the most charismatic guy you’ll ever meet. Of course Harry had world class ability so it never mattered that he was as interesting as watching paint dry. I think to play Skipps position you need that about you, a bit of bravado and confidence. Skipp lacks any of that in spades. Technically he’s very average too but that’s football. Many are called few are chosen.

he doesn’t fuck up much either.
he doesnt need to. hes clearly out of his depth and as the minutes tick by in games, that costs us big time. players dont need to do such blatant blunders to be killing their side.

football will always be like this, its the same with davies when he plays. he might not do any glaring mistakes but over 90 mins it helps the oppo overpower us. same with skipp bang in the middle of the pitch. its dangerous.

seems a nice bloke skipp and you cant question his commitment, but there is a clear quality gap. wish him well.

Did well last night and should have had an assist. He kept it simple, made a few good interceptions and forward passes.
He is not first choice but he is reliable and has been in every single squad this season. Ange trusts him and so do I. :rolleyes:

Did well last night and should have had an assist. He kept it simple, made a few good interceptions and forward passes.
He is not first choice but he is reliable and has been in every single squad this season. Ange trusts him and so do I. :rolleyes:
No way

I had big hopes for him and he was a breath of fresh air to start but lost his snap and doesn’t cover the ground well enough and shut things down

He’s not reliable

you honestly think he did well yesterday?
What did he do wrong? Tell me exactly how many times he fucked up.
I can only remember one poor pass.
Other than that he played well enough. Porro played more poor passes but that does not make him a poor player.
Skipp will be in every remaining squad this season because he is reliable.

OK, here are a couple of simple questions for the haters.
Who at Spurs would you replace Skipp with?
What player should we buy to replace him?

Back
Top Bottom