New Premier League Deal 2025-26

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apologies if there is already a thread on this, but cannot really understand the logic anymore behind the 3pm Saturday tv blackout. The proposed new deal will see more games played at Midnight on a Sunday (I know a slight exaggeration), to protect the 3pm on a Saturday (which are a lot easier for fans to attend), just so the number of games televised can be increased. Almost as bonkers as the Sunday shopping laws, where people in Scotland can go to the supermarket on a Sunday evening, whilst those of us in England have to go to Co-Op.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this, but cannot really understand the logic anymore behind the 3pm Saturday tv blackout. The proposed new deal will see more games played at Midnight on a Sunday (I know a slight exaggeration), to protect the 3pm on a Saturday (which are a lot easier for fans to attend), just so the number of games televised can be increased. Almost as bonkers as the Sunday shopping laws, where people in Scotland can go to the supermarket on a Sunday evening, whilst those of us in England have to go to Co-Op.
The PL are just trying to maximise potential revenue. Which means there will be at least 1 extra subscription for the completists among us. Even for those who aren’t will want to watch Spurs when they get picked for one of the new time slots.

In other news I see FACT / Sky have managed to get 47 IPTV services shut down over the last few days.

Fucking stupid kick off times.

Especially with the 5 minutes added time in the first half and 15 mins in the second half.

As I have said previously, if I wasn't Spurs I would never watch the Premier League.

I see the merits of protecting the non league football pyramid at 3PM on Sat.

Back
Top Bottom