Spam vs Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disappointed doesn't even describe how I feel today. Didn't want to go out today but had to as I had a hair appointment. I was amazed that I didn't see an open-top bus parade going through Romford, celebrating their win and survival in the EPL.
(Apologies if someone has already posted this, but I'm not reading this thread, not that masochistic).

Still hurts losing to those pikey mugs.
But, we're aiming higher than those scummy cunts.
Westfield will always be Westfield, the odd big game win.
We, hopefully, are on the way to silverware.
Fingers crossed.
COYS

Could someone that went tell me. Was the ground full? Did they give us more tickets than the minimum to fill it or was there empty sections?
I was in among Wet Spam fans, sat behind a retired copper who I chatted to a bit. We were just next to the Police control lot. Loads of them came over to say hi, they confirmed the crowd was 52,000. The copper pointed out several areas at the back of the stands where rows of seats were covered over with maroon tarpaulin. If they'd been uncovered, the white seats would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

All this bullshit about expanding to 66,000 is just that - bullshit. I think they average 48,000, and thats with giving season tickets away for buttons. There will be thousands who do not renew. I cannot believe that journos are still reporting the 55,000 waiting list as fact - it is pure fiction as any genuine fan knows.

I'm very interested to see what happens there over the Summer on all fronts: Season tickets, manager, signings, player sales, the lot.

To be fair... unless we won the League, certain quarters of the Media/Football fans were always gonna call us 'Bottle jobs' when they know full well that we along with Chelsea, are probably the only two sides who haven't bottled anything this season! But hey, that won't stop the mass media mis-understanding the meaning of the word. Fine, let them have their narrative for yet another season!

Going head-to-head with another team for the title, doesn't make whoever doesn't win it the bottlers necessarily...

However setting out at the start of the season with the direct intention of winning the League (Man Utd, Man City, Arse, Liverpool for instance)...and then finding yourself battling it out with those same clubs for the 3rd/4th places could be construed as such!!

To be fair... unless we won the League, certain quarters of the Media/Football fans were always gonna call us 'Bottle jobs' when they know full well that we along with Chelsea, are probably the only two sides who haven't bottled anything this season! But hey, that won't stop the mass media mis-understanding the meaning of the word. Fine, let them have their narrative for yet another season!

Going head-to-head with another team for the title, doesn't make whoever doesn't win it the bottlers necessarily...

However setting out at the start of the season with the direct intention of winning the League (Man Utd, Man City, Arse, Liverpool for instance)...and then finding yourself battling it out with those same clubs for the 3rd/4th places could be construed as such!!

They were just waiting for us to lose so the predictable press and supporting community could use that term.
We won 9 on the trot, reduced a 13pt gap to 4pts and yet we bottled it..

No mention of Man Utd/Woolwich/Liverpool/Man City bottling it, despite finishing way behind us and spending gazillions along the way.

Just shows the intelligence of people..

Agreed... there's a vast difference between coming up a little short, and simply bottling it.

Last season, with the points we needed, and the games we had left to do it, you could argue that our focus and minds were shot to pieces after the Chelsea game... but to be fair, I thought the 1-1 against WBA at home did more damage the week before!

This season, at one stage in December, the Arse were 7 points ahead of us... Top of the league and no doubt getting ready to cash in their gloating chips!!
We've also managed to chip away at Chelsea's unassailable 13 point lead, to an infinitely more attainable and realistic 4 points... yes, they may prove to be 4 points too far, but i didn't see anyone else doing that this season... and yet we've bottled it!

Bit like the 'Spurs Southern Softies' tag which stuck for decades... it's gonna take actually winning something to finally shake this 'perennial bottlers' tag that the media have so conveniently/lazily created for us now.

Ha love it how you keep blocking me whilst wiping the tears from your keyboards.

Still crying this morning because you got turned over by the mighty West Ham?

What you gonna do when you're down there crying in the championship because you couldn't win a home game next season. Hahahaha

Just like the Millwall fans giving it large for a week or two, then you disappear back under a rock when you lose yet again next week, a summer signing average players and another year chasing Stoke for you lot

Glad we gave you 5 mins happiness as that abortion of a stadium will give you misery forever, no more decent stadium, very sad

Ha love it how you keep blocking me whilst wiping the tears from your keyboards.
What you gonna do when you're down there crying in the championship because you couldn't win a home game next season. Hahahaha
Wow... it's like watching an ugly, ageing, bitter, fat old toothless woman smugly laugh at a stunning Supermodel 'cos she read somewhere they had a bit of cellulite!

You keep it up sunshine... You're doing just great... and funnily enough, doing all the hard work for us!

Your so obsessed with us you sign up to our forum on a Sunday?
We all know you want to be us with our young squad, awesome manager and new "football" stadium.....
Notice how I said football.... as this one is right next door to the old one, and it's designed for football.....
You mugs will always be a small time club who occasionally beat one of the big boys, but payet was right your club is shite, you never be anything more then a mid table team.... who sold your identity to have a shite stadium, not even West Spam any more are you....
So why not do us all a favour a get back to your jellied eels.....
Or do they not do them in Westfield? :dembelefingers:

Back
Top Bottom