Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The figures that show how far Tottenham are behind rivals | Daily Mail Online

This is precisely why what Rose did is an absolute disgrace. You think the media were jumping on Spurs to try and sell our players before, wait till what they do next now that they have ammunition.

Every decent player is going to be put under extra focus for how much they are earning versus the rest of the players in other teams. Increased transfer speculation and more attention on player contracts than ever before.

Rose is dead to me because of what's going to follow his stupid interview. I would be delighted if we waste his entire year just to see him miss out on the England squad for the world cup before his career peters out. But I should not put emotion in any decision, so get rid for a lot of money and hope Levy gets his finger out of his ass and makes some decent signings.

WTF "How much behind they are"

How about: "How much better value their squad is"

How are they honestly saying spending more for the same or worse results is better???

Fucking footballers. 100x bigger salary than the poor bastards who died in the Iraq war. "Worth more" though. Someone somewhere needs to get a fucking grip on these fucking twats ASAP.

Just looked at that link re players wages.

Incredible amounts of money, I know it's not new but still ffs

Another reason I stopped my ST, when I realised how much we were paying certain players, how hard I worked for my pittance, football is shit now.

What a day.... i didnt expect this from Danny Rose but my word has he burnt his bridges with the club and the fans.

Put him on garding leave until his contract is up.... he can then have all the time in the world, wondering what if.....

I agree with all you say, but without seeing the numbers we cant really say if they cant afford one more pay rise or not. Two top 4 finishes\CL campaigns must have helped the profits no doubt.
Here's the reality, our revenue is growing, it has grown because of the TV deal, but that applies to every team. It's growing because of our league position, but that's only an addition £5m or so, no biggie. It's growing because we were on the TV more, but still not more than the traditional top four who still were on TV more and earned more than us. It growing because we reached a semi-final, but not as much as Woolwich and Chelsea who reached the final (and same as City who were knocked out same stage. It's growing because we've got CL, but less than City, Woolwich and Yanited (who won EL). It's growing because we've got a huge jump in AIA shirt sponsorship, but it still less than Utd. (who have just signed a shirt sleeve deal worth half of ours) and Chelsea but the same as City and marginally more than Woolwich and Liverpool. It's growing because we have a new shirt supplier deal, but it's still half of that of Chelsea, 75% less than Utd and less than woolwich and Liverpool. It's growing because I'm guessing we will get more revenue from Wembley, but doubt it's that much because it's costing £15m to rent.

In short our revenues are growing but not at the same rate of those around and above us, the gap is getting bigger not smaller. (we are pulling away from those below us, from Everton down).

Its pretty obvious that Spurs need to elevate their Wage structure if they seriously want to compete at the highest level within England. So much coin being thrown around, so its tough to blame Danny Rose's POV (x his vehicle of communication). Seems to me there are a few players that definitely need a bump up ASAP which would likely calm some fears and foster a a bit of acceptance from the fan-base via the lack of activity during the TW. The Spurs currently are built pretty well for a very strong run over the next 5-6 years with the current core. Keep them happy, be choiceful w/ some additions and keep this continuity rolling which is crucial to success in the Prem.

Back
Top Bottom