England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...Use the millions upon millions of pounds of revenue you generate to create a little bit of lemonade?

That's not what the market wants according to most of the twats on here.

Shit, even some of the players don't give a fuck about their country. Let alone the managers who run the clubs.

Also. It's not all about the money. Look at Belgium even Montenegro and Serbia. I doubt their budget is much bigger than spurs spend on their youth development.

The premier league fucked us. For a while now I have thought of fucking off the big 'stars' like Rooney, fat frank et al and bringing in some decent, hungry championship players.

I suspect that with st George's being built we may seem some resemblance of an ethos being created.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Also. It's not all about the money. Look at Belgium even Montenegro and Serbia. I doubt their budget is much bigger than spurs spend on their youth development.
No but they are fully invested in youth development. You can't just blame the Premier League, it is too easy a target. Yes, Spurs spend a lot of money on their academy... Now... And that is why we are starting to see a conveyor belt of technically enabled players coming out of it. Sure, they won't all be able to play at Spurs, or even in the Prem, but everything points to a ream of players that are capable of being professional footballers.

But the point is we need more coaches within all phases of youth football, not just at the big clubs. Add to that, the FA need to pull their head out of their arses and actually decide what they want English football to look like at a national level and then create a coaching team that can encode this into every age group of English football.

The money isn't really the issue, it's the will and clarity we are lacking and that is the fault of the FA, not the Premiership or it's members.

I think England are lacking a long term plan other than we want to be better. There's got to be some sort of concept if you ask me. Something to work towards.

I don't think we should be aiming to emulate a different countries style. We should be creating our own identity and style, but we need to decide what our style should be and then start building towards that.

I think England are lacking a long term plan other than we want to be better. There's got to be some sort of concept if you ask me. Something to work towards.

I don't think we should be aiming to emulate a different countries style. We should be creating our own identity and style, but we need to decide what our style should be and then start building towards that.

So what you are saying is we should copy Germany?:avbcringe::ossie:

Well this side hasn't got me hoping for much, which is why I complain about a boring 0-0 draw.

We will get to the Quarter-Finals with a couple of rubbish performances and then get beaten by a much better team. I want to see England challenging for the titles. So until there is an England side that shows some promise of doing so, I shall continue to moan about the fact that England isn't good enough.

The thing is. It's never going to change, this Greg Dyke who thinks we should basically do what Germany did and start from scratch isn't going to happen is it?

Firstly, the Bundesliga was no where near as good as it is now, before the big changes at the start of 2000, so it wasn't as big a change for them as it would be for us.

And secondly, the opposite can be said of England, the league is arguably the best in the world and has been for the last 10 years.

Are they seriously going to try to get rid of all the foreign investors having the majoirty share from a lot of the Premier league clubs? Man City and Chelsea's fans would run riot, literally!

It just isn't going to happen, and if he thinks that's what will need to be done to make it happen, I really can't see it.

We don't play the right way, to dominate the masters like Spain especially, in this country and the only way we will ever win at a major tournament is by sheer luck in the knockout stages or by having an unreal amount of talent that comes though at once, much like the Belgians now and others not having their best crop of players, but it probably won't happen for another 100 years, not in out lifetime anyway.

But we have to keep supporting the team, I don't get these 'fans' that say, 'oh I'm not watching that shit'. It's your country! After all, we are a tiny island with a lot less people to choose from when it comes to professional footballers.
That's due to actively working on producing better talent tho! They've been working long and hard just like Germany to be able to get these talents into the world.

Thought it might be useful to have a single thread looking at England squads (both senior and youth groups) throughout the season

First Up we have a game :

UEFA Nations League League A, Group 4 ,
Saturday 08 September 2018 19:45 BST
England
england2x.ashx

vs
spain_a.ashx

Spain ESP​

This was the squad for the World Cup :

Jordan Pickford (Everton),
Jack Butland (Stoke)
Nick Pope (Burnley)

Phil Jones (ManU)
John Stones (ManCity)
Harry Maguire (Leicester)
Garry Cahill (Chelsea)

Kyle Walker (ManCity) RB/CB
Kieran Trippier (Tottenham) RB/LB
Danny Rose (Tottenham) LB
Ashley Young (ManU) RB/LB/Wing
Trent Arnold – Alexander (Liv’pl) RB

Eric Dier (Tottenham) (CM/CB)
Jordon Henderson (Liverpool)
Fabian Delph (Manchester City)

Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur)
Jesse Lingard (Manchester United)
Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea)

Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur),
Marcus Rashford (Manchester Utd),
James Vardy (Leicester)
Danny Welbeck (Woolwich)

Obviously Southgate couldn't pick a few players who were injured.

Assuming Southgate likes the core of the squad and wants to build on that , who do you think he will drop and who do you think he will bring into the squad of 23 players ? (ie same number of players in as out)

Back
Top Bottom