Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1000 or so tickets should go to a straight box office free for all, so any man and his dog have a chance.

Then the rest based on a really simple loyalty programme. You could even Levy it up by having your stadium spend tracked and = more loyalty points.

What we currently have smacks of a bunch of people in a sales team overcomplicating things to justify their existence.

I may be being really stupid but how do you sign in on the ticketing account before queuing as I was hit with the wheel of doom from the outset?

You can't. Which as has been said is a bit ridiculous. You'd think it would be very easy to make you login to your account before you start queuing. That way, you could make sure that everyone is only in the "Queue" once. If nothing else surely it would reduce drain on the server.

You can't. Which as has been said is a bit ridiculous. You'd think it would be very easy to make you login to your account before you start queuing. That way, you could make sure that everyone is only in the "Queue" once. If nothing else surely it would reduce drain on the server.
Ah fair enough, was worried I was missing a trick. Thanks for clearing that up. :adethumbup:

Feel genuinely sorry for people that didn't get lucky today. I agree that membership points should be the way forward/ or points from people that went to Wembley (I went to 8 games this year). The fact that 5000 ST holders didnt turn up for Brighton is a shambles and ST holder should get given a warning then penalty for the number of games they miss (this should act as a deterrent). Lets not become the scum down the road.

Not a shambles at all. We have always struggled midweek for numbers.

Tickets not on general sale the big issue. And membership not being sold now.
All to stop touts. Not a shambles at all.

Can’t penalise ST holders in month with 6 home games!!! 6. That’s crazy. 2 being ones that will cost me extra £300.....

I don’t tend to use the disagree button but my finger is itching on this one

:allitongue:

Can’t penalise ST holders in month with 6 home games!!! 6. That’s crazy. 2 being ones that will cost me extra £300.....

I know what you're saying, but those season ticket holders had the option to put their tickets on the exchange.

I think if you don't turn up to x amount of games and fail to put those tickets on the exchange then there should be some sort of comeback. There's loads of fans who would love to be able to sit in those seats, and many will never get chance because of the closed shop that currently exists

Thats totally incorrect. The game sold out when it got to members - didn't ever need to go to general sale. The issue is that a few thousand(not including you) have bought STs with the intention of only going to the big games and can't even get someone to go instead (hence why 5000 didn't go). The ticket exchange system is also bizarre - a good idea but tickets go on there far too late which means members don't have enough time to make a decision to go. An attendance of 56,000 (when we have sold out) is ridiculous and the club need to address it before we turn into the scum.

Greetings from Finland! I was one of the lucky ones to get a ticket today. Im really sorry for all of you who didnt but at the same time Im happy the tickets arent sold on basis of loyalty points as I have never been at the Lane before and have like fifteen points.

I have been supporting Spurs since the early nineties but have never had the possibility to attend a home game. Had tickets for West Ham back in maybe 2006 but the game was rescheduled and I couldnt change my flights. Went to the 5-1 defeat in Newcastle with my brother, whos a Newcastle fan. When we booked that trip I was hoping to see Spurs win the Premier league and he was hoping for Newcastle to avoid relegation but we all know how that ended.

As you all probably can understand I am pretty enthusiastic about this trip. Does anyone here have any good advice or suggestions for me on what to do before the game? I will be arriving at gatwick nine o clock in the morning and have plenty of time to spend waiting for the game.

I know what you're saying, but those season ticket holders had the option to put their tickets on the exchange.

I think a lot did and they didn't sell, but I get your general point. Personally I'd like to see an option to sell below face value. Maybe even have a tick box which automatically lowers the price in the last two days before a match. I'd happily drop mine to zero on the morning of a match if it hasn't sold. OK, probably not happily, maybe grudgingly, but I'd do it rather than leave the seat empty.

Greetings from Finland! I was one of the lucky ones to get a ticket today. Im really sorry for all of you who didnt but at the same time Im happy the tickets arent sold on basis of loyalty points as I have never been at the Lane before and have like fifteen points.

I have been supporting Spurs since the early nineties but have never had the possibility to attend a home game. Had tickets for West Ham back in maybe 2006 but the game was rescheduled and I couldnt change my flights. Went to the 5-1 defeat in Newcastle with my brother, whos a Newcastle fan. When we booked that trip I was hoping to see Spurs win the Premier league and he was hoping for Newcastle to avoid relegation but we all know how that ended.

As you all probably can understand I am pretty enthusiastic about this trip. Does anyone here have any good advice or suggestions for me on what to do before the game? I will be arriving at gatwick nine o clock in the morning and have plenty of time to spend waiting for the game.
Go to the V&A museum. Shits on the other museums and is a lot quieter.

...or I suppose you could go to the pub.

Had a quick look on Ticket Gum

Cheapest single ticket £619!
I sure am glad that these people were able to purchase a ticket through the official website while I missed out. Truly upstanding people.

tenor.gif

I think a lot did and they didn't sell, but I get your general point. Personally I'd like to see an option to sell below face value. Maybe even have a tick box which automatically lowers the price in the last two days before a match. I'd happily drop mine to zero on the morning of a match if it hasn't sold. OK, probably not happily, maybe grudgingly, but I'd do it rather than leave the seat empty.

Seen this a lot. Or various options about price reducing daily.

Problem is then everyone will wait last minute to get tickets as they know they can get them cheaper or for nothing.
Then you will start to see ST holders give up seats as hey - Why pay big money up front when you can go for cheaper or even free?

Thats totally incorrect. The game sold out when it got to members - didn't ever need to go to general sale. The issue is that a few thousand(not including you) have bought STs with the intention of only going to the big games and can't even get someone to go instead (hence why 5000 didn't go). The ticket exchange system is also bizarre - a good idea but tickets go on there far too late which means members don't have enough time to make a decision to go. An attendance of 56,000 (when we have sold out) is ridiculous and the club need to address it before we turn into the scum.

No I meant that tickets on the exchange don’t go to non members. Who would potentially be yours or opposition supporters.

So our thousands of thousands of members are not buying tickets that are available either. It’s a pricing issue at the end of the day.

And I don’t know why people don’t list them on the exchange if they are not going??
That makes no sense to me either but we failed to sell all the tickets on the exchange anyway.....,

Seen this a lot. Or various options about price reducing daily.

Problem is then everyone will wait last minute to get tickets as they know they can get them cheaper or for nothing.
Then you will start to see ST holders give up seats as hey - Why pay big money up front when you can go for cheaper or even free?

Possibly, but I think that the cheap or free options would only come into play for matches like Brighton and Huddersfield on a cold wet Wednesday rather than Woolwich, West Ham, an Ajax CL semi-final, etc., which will always sell out at full price anyway and few ST holders will be dumping them on the exchange because they've just remembered that they've got to wash their hair or something.

I can't see many ST holders giving up their tickets on the off chance that they'd get a possibly free seat god-knows-where for a big match.

The main problem is only being able to put them on the exchange 2-7 days before the game (based on how it's gone so far).

Hopefully next season they'll have ticket sale dates a month or so in advance, meaning that the exchange can open much earlier and give people a proper chance to find tickets via that route and make plans to be in attendance.

Many of our fans can't just suddenly see a ticket come up the day before a game and decide they're going to go. The easier it is for tickets to be resold, the more likely we are to have a full stadium. It's so fucking obvious it blows my mind that we're in this current situation

Get in the ground as early as possible. That would be my advice. It is a thing of beauty and demands exploring so leave plenty of time for that.
Sounds like you’ll have lots of time so a museum would be a way of killing time.
If you aren’t on a budget, I’d recommend going for a drink at the Shard. If you’re on train from Gatwick there’s an express to London Bridge and Shard is right there

Here's a crazy idea, how about they allocate each log-on a sequential place in the queue and then let people in based on that?

I'd call it "a queue".
Problem is that then there'd have to be a certain time at which the queue opens, e.g. an hour before tickets go on sale. And then everyone who wanted a ticket would be logging on at that exact time, and your place in the queue would be a lottery. It''d just be moving the queuing point earlier.

All depends on budget but if you’re looking to not spend too much then most museums and galleries are free. My personal recommendations would be the British Museum (this place is amazing but you’d need a day to see everything) and the National Gallery (again, give yourself a lot of time).

Also if you want to see the great architecture of London then a riverboat cruise offers a cheap and fun way to do this. You can catch them from Embankment.

Back
Top Bottom