Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of the two players you mentioned no way was we getting de Jong and as for grealish not be able to get that over the line was down to levy fucking about and the reason I know this is because I know someone quite close to him and his family.
As for agenda's that is total bollocks mate everyone has his or her opinion on how they see the club run or lack of investment etc, the same as how you see everything isn't a problem which is your perogative but certainly no agenda.

So is Grielish coming this summer instead?

not much different, is it.

I trust that if the management thought he could have still done a job, we would have kept him. but the management have access to all the medical facts n figures.
anyone really thinks he was let go just to trouser 11 million is fooling themselves, IMO
He's played 6 of 7 in the Chinese league so far, so seems to be fit enough, that's all I was pointing out.

He's played 6 of 7 in the Chinese league so far, so seems to be fit enough, that's all I was pointing out.

Fit enough to play 7 in 4 months in a farmer league where he likely physically dwarves the majority of the oppo.

(Tone of post not directed at you, 'Bench.)

Windows not even open for another month+

Good to see all parties getting nicely limbered for when the real cunt offs kick in.:chicco:

So, assuming this. Let's say Pochettino was backed with 100 million last summer. And let's say that the players Pochettino wanted said "No, we're not changing clubs this summer," and "I'd like to, but the owners won't sanction a deal." And then let's say Pochettino says I want those 3 guys or nobody.

In this scenario, who is at fault? Because Frenkie de Jong said no to us last summer because he wanted to stay at Ajax, according to him. Grealish and Ndombele couldn't get their owners to ok moves. And Pochettino didn't want anyone else.

In that scenario, how is it Levy who is at fault?
You've painted a really convoluted scenario there, Juice. Loads of ifs and buts. Maybe's and Maybe nots.
Come on mate. Your much better than that.

The fact is, and lets stick to facts, We bacame the first club from Europes top 5 major leagues, EVER! not to sign a player during a summer transfer window.

We backed that up by again signing NOBODY in the following window.

If that's not enough, we actually WEAKENED the squad halfway through an arduous season by cashing in on Dembele with no replacement brought in

These are facts. Not even up for debate

We're now limping towards the end of the season with a threadbare squad, forced to play players out of position, having squandered a 10 point top four cushion, and in serious danger of running out of legs.

Yet we've just reported world record breaking profits putting to bed the pathetic nonsense we can't compete in the transfer market. Another fact!

Like I said, I deal with facts. It's up to each of us how we interpret them. But my interpretation is that we're owned by an investment company that puts the long term profit of it's business assets way ahead of success and titles for the football team.

Last edited:
You've painted a really convoluted scenario there, Juice. Loads of ifs and buts. Maybe's and Maybe nots.

The fact is, and lets stick to facts, We bacame the first club from Europes top 5 major leagues, EVER! not to sign a player during a summer transfer window.

If that's not enough, we actually WEAKENED the squad halfway through an arduous season by cashing in on Dembele.

We're now limping towards the end of the season with a threadbare squad, forced to play players out of position, having squandered a 10 point top four cushion, and in serious danger of running out of legs.

Yet we've just reported world record breaking profits putting to bed the pathetic nonsense we can't compete in the transfer market. Another fact!

Like I said, I deal with facts. It's up to each of us how we interpret them. But my interpretation is that we're owned by an investment company that puts the long term profit of it's business assets way ahead of success and titles for the football team.

Other facts:

Second EVER Champions League semi-final
On course for one of our BEST EVER league finishes

If that's not enough, we actually WEAKENED the squad halfway through an arduous season by cashing in on Dembele.

Yet so prone to telling false-truths and outright lies.

Yet so prone to telling false-truths and outright lies.
Like saying Jan 2018 to July 2019 is 18 months?

BTW, I noticed you kissed my arse in my statement of facts.
Which fact did you disagree with matey. That we didn't sign someone last summer? We didn't sign someone in January? Or we weakened the squad by selling Moussa?

Which one baby.

My understanding was that whole profit thing covered 2017/2018 season. So included profit on player sales - money we got for Walker.

Just before we moved into Wembley and knocked down the Lane.
So realistically that profit was swallowed up by Wembley and building the stadium - and as well as buying a load of players. Moura, Sanchez Foyth etc etc.

I’m realistic enough to know that ENIC have priorities- stadium before players.
But I guess that whole profit thing was to show the banks they could lend us money on favourable terms to us??

(I expect when we sell Eriksen and Toby this summer we will see that money reinvested in players).

My understanding was that whole profit thing covered 2017/2018 season. So included profit on player sales - money we got for Walker.

Just before we moved into Wembley and knocked down the Lane.
So realistically that profit was swallowed up by Wembley and building the stadium - and as well as buying a load of players. Moura, Sanchez Foyth etc etc.

I’m realistic enough to know that ENIC have priorities- stadium before players.
But I guess that whole profit thing was to show the banks they could lend us money on favourable terms to us??

(I expect when we sell Eriksen and Toby this summer we will see that money reinvested in players).
Great to see an alternative pov without resorting to the insults and bedwetting witnessed above. :thumbdown:
I can see where you're coming from. But whatever the definition of profit it doesn't justify skipping 2 whole transfer windows and leaving us with a threadbare squad to challenge at the business end of the season.
And I don't think a club of our size and resources should have to rely on the sale of stars like Toby and Chris' to raise the cash for new players.
But your probably right mate. That's the way the Summer will shape up

Back
Top Bottom