Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele turned into a different player after his goal.

I can’t wait for him to settle

I honestly think he is going to be our player of the season. He’s already been excellent but I think he is going to continue being an absolute monster. This was a masterclass signing by Levy

37pisy.jpg

Way to go for not mentioning how Eriksen absolutely transformed us when he came on, after you've slagged him off all summer. Pathetic

Eriksen making a difference with one cross already
Eriksen made a difference here massively fair olay
Horrible horrible game until Eriksen came on....he gave balance to the team and suddenly everyone around him had a role.

Sissoko went back central and looked good again, and the midfield gained a shape and purpose.

Massive question marks for me over Pochettino and the first 70 minutes though.
A decent team and we’re finished there today.

Cannot be relying on one player so heavily, and he needs to start moulding others into a holding role.

I dont have an agenda you see. I call it as I see it.

Now dont you look the cunt for not reading the thread properly.

Anyone expecting any different from todays game is just someone who's expectations are a bit too high.

We dominated that game from start to finish. Bar the error in judgement by Rose for their opening goal, they barely threatened us at all. We saw a lot more of the ball (70% possession), had double digits for corners (14-0). We had over 4x the amount of shots they had (31-7).

It's the opening day. We weren't 100% at the races as you aren't going to be on the opening day. Up against a team who are back in the Premier League and willing to put their bodies on the line early on. I mean, Liverpool didn't look at their best yesterday against another new team yet came away with a 4-1 win and Norwich created a lot more against them.

Take it for what it is. A winning start. 3 goals to kick off the season. Kane starting the season on goalscoring form. A debut goal from our record signing and a promising performance by our new right back.

COYS

Dembele was immense at what he did, which was absolutely nothing offensively. He barely scored, barely assisted, never shot etc.
True, but he did make us click though. We would never get dispossesed in dangerous positions if Dembele had the ball. He was so good at transitioning. Ndombele is better offensively, but he is different to Dembele with his playstyle.

Ndombele had a game to forget aside from his goal, did you ever watch Dembele play at his prime?

In his final 2 and half years with us he got 1 goal and 2 assists. He was never an offensive CM.

Teams actually have to worry about Ndombele.

He is the buy of summer transfer market IMO.

Back
Top Bottom