Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

edited 22:54 - see below near bottom for additional comment.

Poch’s actual comment on the red card appeal”

“I don’t know what will happen. The club will see if it’s possible or not. We cannot change what can happen after.”

what he should have said

“absolutely, as horrible as the injury is, it is not a red card. The referee gave a yellow. We all saw that. And then upgraded it to a red. That is not within the spirit of the game and must not be allowed. I defend my player 100%, it is not a red”

What he could have said

“Fuck me am I lucky? That red card gives me and my staff another place to hide from the reality that we just puked in the face of the history of Tottenham yet again, and this joke decision gets me another couple of hundred grand this coming week, happy days”.

what he should say tomorrow

“thank you Daniel for the millions, for the house at the training ground, for the hotels, for the stadium, for the good times. but I am certainly not up to the job and I am off”

what will be said

“blah blah fucking blah”

edit - I believe in being fair and having listened to Poch’s full comments I am going to back him on this and I accept the snippet I quoted is not justified in that he does say a lot more in defence of Son.

as for the rest of what I said, meant as humour but also relating to how I feel, I’ll stand by that...but am a lot less angered now.

Last edited:
Awful game, but up to the Gomez situation, thought we were in control and was confident that we would see it out, I have no problem with winning ugly , especially when we haven't won away all year.
Sonny was distraught after the tackle, genuinely upset, so was Serge, but neither can be blamed for the injury.
I still can't understand why Eriksen was on the pitch, it's actually doing my head in, and where I just used to dislike him, I'm edging towards despising him.
Having said that, he only plays because Poch picks him, and I just don't get it!
Thought that Davy, Serge and Tanguy put in a reasonable shift, and although Gazza didn't have much to do, he made one important save, didn't have a chance with the goal.
It's getting harder and harder to defend Poch and his team selection and tactics, not saying that I know the answer, but that's not my job!

Awful game, but up to the Gomez situation, thought we were in control and was confident that we would see it out, I have no problem with winning ugly , especially when we haven't won away all year.
Sonny was distraught after the tackle, genuinely upset, so was Serge, but neither can be blamed for the injury.
I still can't understand why Eriksen was on the pitch, it's actually doing my head in, and where I just used to dislike him, I'm edging towards despising him.
Having said that, he only plays because Poch picks him, and I just don't get it!
Thought that Davy, Serge and Tanguy put in a reasonable shift, and although Gazza didn't have much to do, he made one important save, didn't have a chance with the goal.
It's getting harder and harder to defend Poch and his team selection and tactics, not saying that I know the answer, but that's not my job!
Up til the Gomes incident I thought Spurs would see it out, any away win just now would be welcome as you say, but at 1-1 I feared Everton would get another.
Just another disappointing game in terms of both the result and the insipid performance.
All pretty much overshadowed by the Gomes incident though.
A bad day all round.

I await your vote in my poll to end all polls, it just isn't the same without your vote locked in.

its pretty straight forward, he picks eriksen because he knows he can sort of get away with it, due to eriksen once being good, and knows eriksen really isnt that good anymore, same as alli, 2 passengers putting us down to 9 men versus 11, before we even start the match, its acting like you want to win, but secretly hope the changes affect the game, to lose, and then make pathetic excuses.

Is there some weird contractual clause we’re missing here that would explain why Eriksen is still on the pitch.

“If uninjured, the player will always be in the starting XI.”

That sort of thing?

Back to licking your own bollocks then, I guess. :sonpoint:
You say that like it's a bad thing...or that most here would do the same. If I could lick my own bollocks, and the implications of such, I wouldn't be on this board or suffering the pile of wank this team is currently putting out. Just saying, life goals.

You say that like it's a bad thing...or that most here would do the same. If I could lick my own bollocks, and the implications of such, I wouldn't be on this board or suffering the pile of wank this team is currently putting out. Just saying, life goals.

#JustOneMoreVertibrae

I'll pray for you. :avbpray:

I watched the whole of that game on an illegal stream and still feel like I am due a refund.
It was an embarrassment to the premier league. One of the worst games I can recall watching.
I'd rather lose 6-3 trying to play good football than have to endure that insipid shit.

Oh, and one more thing. Eriksen has lost all of his ability. There's no way he would play like this on purpose. He's just not very good any more. And why Poch persists in picking him is one of life's great mysteries.

Back
Top Bottom