New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've recently joined the trust.

This made me laugh.
We’ve also suggested that if half and half scarves are a security issue, the Club shop should refrain from stocking those at any games.

Whilst I don't like half and half scarves they're hardly a security issue!

This made me laugh.
We’ve also suggested that if half and half scarves are a security issue, the Club shop should refrain from stocking those at any games.

True but fans of foreign clubs definitely buy them to try and 'blend in'.

This made me laugh.

I hate the things. I think that security should be able to cut them* in half at the entrance and chuck the "wrong" half in the bin.

*the scarves not the tourists, although that's not a bad idea too.

I love seeing this. Absolutely love that our owners don't just see us as a football club but a community, it's important to give back and this kind of stuff warms the cockles a little. Good on those kids.

I love seeing this. Absolutely love that our owners don't just see us as a football club but a community, it's important to give back and this kind of stuff warms the cockles a little. Good on those kids.
I thought ENIC were just in it for the money??

Surely John Thomas John Thomas you haven't been wrong with 94.6% of your posts?

Impressive slate of academic results over the last 2 years.

From a 'dsadvantaged' area (or whatever the terminology is), perhaps sensational results might be a better description.

Middlesbrough game I bumped into 2 guys I play football with at half time, 1 a borough fan, the other a gooner, didn't make the meet for a drink after with them (I fled) but may go some way to explaining lack of atmosphere on the night and above query's. Not sure how they got tickets but the fact I was offered to buy 6 plus tickets may explain its quite easy for anyone to get a ticket regardless of their allegiance.

Middlesbrough game I bumped into 2 guys I play football with at half time, 1 a borough fan, the other a gooner, didn't make the meet for a drink after with them (I fled) but may go some way to explaining lack of atmosphere on the night and above query's. Not sure how they got tickets but the fact I was offered to buy 6 plus tickets may explain its quite easy for anyone to get a ticket regardless of their allegiance.
Just to add this was in south lower

A gooner? What kind of cunt goes to a rivals stadium for any game, let alone a crap midweek replay.

You couldn’t pay me to go to the emirates unless it was the away end!

Utter pathetic response from the club. They need to employ more stewards and better trained (or pay for more old bill to be in the ground). What I witnessed at the Olympiakos game was a shambles. An away fan openly arguing and goading with home supporters. Stewards asked him to calm down he didn't, he asked him to leave, he refused. Steward didn't know what to do so just walked off. I asked the head steward on the stairs on the way back, what he was doing and his response was he didn't understand football. When the away fan continues to act like a cunt, the stewards went back to the area to blame the home fans around him.

Contrast this to the stewards over heavy and manhandling approach to home supporters who walk into the wrong entrance around the bar area and I think to myself why do I pay so much money for this bulkshit.

Utter pathetic response from the club. They need to employ more stewards and better trained (or pay for more old bill to be in the ground). What I witnessed at the Olympiakos game was a shambles. An away fan openly arguing and goading with home supporters. Stewards asked him to calm down he didn't, he asked him to leave, he refused. Steward didn't know what to do so just walked off. I asked the head steward on the stairs on the way back, what he was doing and his response was he didn't understand football. When the away fan continues to act like a cunt, the stewards went back to the area to blame the home fans around him.

Contrast this to the stewards over heavy and manhandling approach to home supporters who walk into the wrong entrance around the bar area and I think to myself why do I pay so much money for this bulkshit.

Happy to yank someone out mob handed for standing and exhibit some support!

The problem of away fans in home areas is not helped by the fact that we appear to have thousands of ST holders who rarely attend a game.My wife and I are ST holders in the South Stand block 256 and whilst there is a hard core of 20/30 regulars around us the vast majority of fans attending seem to change on a game to game basis (including a couple of very aggressive Serbs at the Red Star game)
I recall during the initial ST selection process that all the seats in the future safe standing areas were snapped up very quickly, my question is who on earth bought them -especially if they did so with the intention of hardly ever attending?The net effect of this has been the inevitable problems with random away fans getting in and also goes a long way to explaining why the atmosphere in our supposed ‘Wall of Sound’ is often disappointing .
On a different subject the youtuber Expressions Oozing ( I don’t really know what one of those is but I have seen him on Sky Sports occasionally) is a few rows in front of me.He seems very popular with our younger fans and always seems to make time prior to kick to meet them and do the obligatory selfies (how times have changed!!) He seems a very pleasant chap and his love for our Club appears 100% genuine.Good work fella.

Back
Top Bottom