Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
How's it fair that we have to play Woolwich and United at home behind closed doors when we've already played them away in front of full stadiums?

They're not doing the right thing here at all. Just put everything, the League, CL, Euros, Olympics back a month or even two. Playing the games in empty stadiums is shitty product that will quickly be a turn off for viewers anyway.

How's it fair that we have to play Woolwich and United at home behind closed doors when we've already played them away in front of full stadiums?

They're not doing the right thing here at all. Just put everything, the League, CL, Euros, Olympics back a month or even two. Playing the games in empty stadiums is shitty product that will quickly be a turn off for viewers anyway.

The EPL and the FA are utter feckwits - 100% guaranteed a footballer will contact COVID - having billions of pounds worth of talent running around in close proximity breathing heavily? yeah that works ...

Insurance companies will be upping premiums by millions it's feckin' madness ... as soon as just one player is conformed infected the whole 'behind closed doors' bollocks will be abandoned. It's all about protecting the TV income stupid greedy feckwits ... players should simply refuse to play ...

Why do we have such idiots in charge?

Talking with a shareholder in a League 1 club, he put this into perspective for the smaller clubs, he reckons just two or three home games without ticket income will push them over the edge financially, they are so hand to mouth they rely on gate receipts to pay wages especially towards the end of the season.

If the FA (or government) don't step in there will be dozens of clubs facing bankruptcy ... even if they wanted to refund season ticket holders they simply don't have the money, his board are in full meltdown.

If a contrarian is one who goes against popular opinion; based on what I know of popular opinion on most issues, I’ve no quarrel with being labelled one.

As I said in an earlier post: we have been blatantly lied to by our politicians, and, the media regarding the events of 911 2001 - provably lied to!

Clearly, and,blatantly the chiefest of the conniving lying conspirators are the collective corporate media; those that should be honestly informing us; lies we expect from politicians, but when the lies come from the “ collective” media, that media can never be trusted again!

It’s not paranoia- it’s a total lack of trust!

I’m probably being a bit harsh. There’s certainly a lot of things I don’t trust the official news about.

If a contrarian is one who goes against popular opinion; based on what I know of popular opinion on most issues, I’ve no quarrel with being labelled one.

As I said in an earlier post: we have been blatantly lied to by our politicians, and, the media regarding the events of 911 2001 - provably lied to!

Clearly, and,blatantly the chiefest of the conniving lying conspirators are the collective corporate media; those that should be honestly informing us; lies we expect from politicians, but when the lies come from the “ collective” media, that media can never be trusted again!

It’s not paranoia- it’s a total lack of trust!
Fucking hell, not the 9/11 horse shit again. Go crawl under a fucking rock.

Fucking hell, not the 9/11 horse shit again. Go crawl under a fucking rock.

With a login name like that, doubtless you are of the USA yourself. Cognitive dissonance is understandable and many of us are susceptible to it.

I was for many years myself, as I saw the clear evidence of the third tower collapse and it’s obvious controlled preplanned demolition the very day it happened. I no longer suffer from that self imposed denial as I have crawled out from beneath the rock that you’d rather I hide.

If you are indeed a USA citizen and still ignore the evidence of which there’s an abundance very easily accessed - you are in denial!

Talking with a shareholder in a League 1 club, he put this into perspective for the smaller clubs, he reckons just two or three home games without ticket income will push them over the edge financially, they are so hand to mouth they rely on gate receipts to pay wages especially towards the end of the season.

If the FA (or government) don't step in there will be dozens of clubs facing bankruptcy ... even if they wanted to refund season ticket holders they simply don't have the money, his board are in full meltdown.

This is exactly why the government are reluctant to take strong action. 60% of employment in the UK comes from small and medium sized businesses, many of which wouldn't survive being closed for a few weeks or losing trade due to people isolating. Theres no way the country can cope with suddenly having 40-50% of its workforce becoming unemployed.

This is exactly why the government are reluctant to take strong action. 60% of employment in the UK comes from small and medium sized businesses, many of which wouldn't survive being closed for a few weeks or losing trade due to people isolating. Theres no way the country can cope with suddenly having 40-50% of its workforce becoming unemployed.
Which is why the government has promised to let everyone self-certificate and get sick pay ... not a fortune but enough to live on ... it's either that or just kill off the old and sick seems a tad harsh.

Which is why the government has promised to let everyone self-certificate and get sick pay ... not a fortune but enough to live on ... it's either that or just kill off the old and sick seems a tad harsh.

Sick pay isn't anywhere near enough though. It's £94 a week which is ridiculous when the average earnings in the UK is over £500 a week. I'm in a housing association properly so I might get some grace on paying my rent, but if I were on SSP by the time i paid my utility bills I'd have nothing left to put food on the table.

Sick pay isn't really the point though, it's about the business that will close if business stops. Restaurants, cinemas, shops, couriers, pubs, hairdressers, anything that relies on customers is going to see a massive downturn in takings that might not be survivable. It's the long term damage it could do that's the problem.

Sick pay isn't anywhere near enough though. It's £94 a week which is ridiculous when the average earnings in the UK is over £500 a week. I'm in a housing association properly so I might get some grace on paying my rent, but if I were on SSP by the time i paid my utility bills I'd have nothing left to put food on the table.

Sick pay isn't really the point though, it's about the business that will close if business stops. Restaurants, cinemas, shops, couriers, pubs, hairdressers, anything that relies on customers is going to see a massive downturn in takings that might not be survivable. It's the long term damage it could do that's the problem.
So people should die because some people want £500 a week?

The issue was always going to be the devastation to the economy, but you can't just let people die to save a few jobs and businesses ... the whole point of government measures is to give support to people, businesses, even football clubs ... you can always replace lost money, you can't cheat death.

I was always under the impression that they legally had to keep season ticket money as if it were a deposit - the money isnt theirs until the fixture has been played.

I don't recall stating anywhere that people should die, I'm not sure why you've decided to put those words in my mouth when all I've talked about is why the government appear slow to respond.

What people fail to understand is that these decisions are always 'damned if you do, damned if you dont'. If the country acts too early we'll have a significant number of people dropping below the breadline which in itself will lead to deaths.
There is no right answer here sadly, just varying degrees of wrong.

I was always under the impression that they legally had to keep season ticket money as if it were a deposit - the money isnt theirs until the fixture has been played.
I think that's true but for small clubs they bank on that money, 5,000 crowd is probably 200,000 income (including escrow ST money) that pays the wages ... to suddenly not have that income is very quickly fatal. Unless your in the EPL or Championship gate receipts are still very much your bread and butter.

Back
Top Bottom