Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
Saying that big tax avoided Gary fucking Barlow on TV raising funds for NHS..wanker.
As a huge Take That fan, I agree with you. So many celebrities and businesses are jumping on the bandwagon, if they all paid their fair share of tax in the first place, the world would be a better place. They'd rather spend thousands on accountants to find the smallest loophole.

I know I'm naive, but all I want is for all the authorities to make the best decision for everyone involved and not be influenced by money, politics or self advancement.
Yes I live in cloud cuckoo land

I know I'm naive, but all I want is for all the authorities to make the best decision for everyone involved and not be influenced by money, politics or self advancement.
Yes I live in cloud cuckoo land

Seems what it comes down to is how many lives lost v the economy?
A hard decision but to be almost totally safe we will be like this till a readily available vaccine is produced?

Someone made an interesting point about the amount of testing kits they would need to get the PL restarted.

It would be a PR disaster if they were hoarding them to run PL games when the NHS doesn't have enough and we can't test key workers.

Germany does have enough testing kits which is a key difference between us and them.

The clubs themselves have a duty of care to the players aswell. You can't force a player to run around on a pitch when the government are enforcing 2m distancing

Someone made an interesting point about the amount of testing kits they would need to get the PL restarted.

It would be a PR disaster if they were hoarding them to run PL games when the NHS doesn't have enough and we can't test key workers.

Germany does have enough testing kits which is a key difference between us and them.

The clubs themselves have a duty of care to the players aswell. You can't force a player to run around on a pitch when the government are enforcing 2m distancing

There is doubts on Germany starting up now anyway because they might tighten up on lockdown measures.

If the PL restarts then surely all pro leagues have to.

Maybe we can resume football, just do it at the Olympic Stadium, fans and players miles away from each other, more than enough empty seats to have a good 6 meter distance between each fan and a West Ham team that just chases shadows.

I think The Spanish football podcast put the number at 20K for their league (I think to be finished) - they currently do not have enough for the health workers... it appears to be the thing that stopped the government letting them proceed in early May.

Brighton have 3 players in isolation now.
Is the idea seriously to play games between team A that has a full squad and team B that has a decimated squad and pretend that the "integrity of the competition" is being upheld?
Just end this farce now.

The only reason the season hasn't been cancelled is money. Pure and simple.
Everton have decided to refund all fans for the remaining home games.
Imagine Levy offering up that?

I imagine all clubs will do that once the games are played or it's official that all games scheduled for this season won't have fans.

I think most clubs are waiting for the league to either play the games state the games will be played and have no fans.
There also could be a ridiculous situation where the games are suspended for so long and it's safe enough for fans to attend. I know there's a 0.000001% chance of that happening but it's be a massive ball ache to sort out if it was to happen and you've refunded all the season tickets.

Seems to me that one of the biggest reasons is making sure Liverpool win the league considering the powers that be can't stop going on about it.

Back
Top Bottom