Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't be surprised if they go in for someone like Koulibaly.

Chelsea have given their young manager the most wanted striker in Europe, possibly one of the most wanted AMs in Europe, and all this having already signed Ziyech.

The difference in ambition is astonishing.

Levy and ENIC really don't have an excuse anymore. City and Liverpool are light years ahead and now Chelsea and UTD are pulling comfortably away. They categorically cannot pretend to have any interest in CL football unless they seriously invest in the squad.

In my opinion it’s not fair of you to compare the spending power of our club to financial doped clubs like City and Chelsea, or commercial powerhouses like United or Liverpool with much more global appeal and conclude that the main difference is ambition.

I will even go further and say that I feel grateful that by now we can, on a financial level, compare ourselves to Woolwich (squad quality even better ofc). This wasn’t the case the past 50 years (give or take). We climbed the ladder in the most succesful way of all ‘honest’ premier league teams in the last decade (I believe this 1000%). We shouldn’t take this for granted. There was a time where we were about as good as Everton. Same type of facilities, squad quality and income (you may contradict me on this). Now we are above them in every single way. Everton splashed the cash multiple times, spent more than they could handle and look where they are. I’m not jealous at how their club is run whatsoever.

Out:
Aurier 16m
Foyth 20m
Rose £5m
Walker-Peters 12m
Carter-Vickers 5m
58m

In:
Hojbjerg 18m
Aarons 20m
Muriqi 18m
Coutinho loan.
56m

Out:
Aurier £22m
Lamela £15m
Foyth £15m
Rose £5m
Amos £5m
Walker-Peters 12m
Carter-Vickers 5m
79m

In:
Hojbjerg £18m
Aarons £20m
Wilson or King £18m
Eze £20m
76m

The idea of selling both RBs and leaving ourselves with just Aarons worries the fuck out of me.

Last edited:
If we're gonna raise £50,000,000 as well as be given £50,000,000 (reports) then why not just go and sign Thomas Partey for his £50m release clause?

I think it's 50m Euros so something like £45m, should be a no-brainer if we are seriously looking to strengthen the team.

Woolwich offered £25,000,000 + Guendouzi which Atletico rejected and were adamant they weren't going to sell him for less than the clause.

We should be all over it.

I don't think Partey has the speed to handle the prem from the word go.

He has a similar tempo to Ndombele whenever I watch Atleti.

I don't think Partey has the speed to handle the prem from the word go.

He has a similar tempo to Ndombele whenever I watch Atleti.
I have only seen Partey in ECL games and liked very much.
But I don't ever again want Spurs to make a big money punt on a Euro player.
UK proven players have been great for us.

If we're gonna raise £50,000,000 as well as be given £50,000,000 (reports) then why not just go and sign Thomas Partey for his £50m release clause?
That's a sign that would improve us, not some meaningless fuckers from relegates sides.
If we’re spending 50m on a CM give me Neves over Partey
Bought Ndombele for £55m, how's that working out?

I think sometimes the price tag (in the minds of some fans) means more than who the player is and what he will bring to the team.

Bought Ndombele for £55m, how's that working out?

I think sometimes the price tag (in the minds of some fans) means more than who the player is and what he will bring to the team.

Partey is arguably the best DM on the planet.

Personally think he'd reject us anyway, because why even come to Spurs and play EL football?

It was just a nice pipe dream due to the cheap cost.

If Barca are really desperate to dump Countinho we should explore options there.

They already did one sketchy swap with Juventus. I'm sure Levy would be on board for some more skeezy transfer business with some kind of swap. Send them Ndombele. We'll take Coutinho and Firpo.

Lloris
Castagne - Toby - Sanchez - Firpo
Lo Celso - Hojbjerg - Coutinho
Willian - Kane - Son​

Back
Top Bottom