Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch wasn’t a failure for me but there are some who are not satisfied with Poch and his top 4 finishes.

Have a look at the Poch thread in the general football section.

I don't doubt that some people are not satisfied with Pochettino but given that he built a very good team, took us to our highest league position in over 50 years and our first European final for 35 years then they must have an awful opinion of nearly every other manager in the club's history.

Same here, that would do for me for this year.

But in the long run Mourinho is expected to win it all. Poch‘s top 4 finishes were not considered to be enough and we’re paying Mourinho a lot more.
I think the biggest thing for me is Jose will also expect the team to win it all, I think this can make all the difference

Same here, that would do for me for this year.

But in the long run Mourinho is expected to win it all. Poch‘s top 4 finishes were not considered to be enough and we’re paying Mourinho a lot more.

Mourinho isn't expected to win it all.

That would mean winning the League Cup, FA Cup, Premier League but not the Champions League would be regarded as a failure and it clearly wouldn't be.

Not really looking forward to this.

Can't put my finger on why, it's not that I think we're gonna get beaten or only scrape a draw (although of course we might), I'm not one for having a gut feeling either way before games, just I'm not feeling that pre-game "spark" or whatever it is, where you're counting down the hours and minutes. I just feel sort of flat about the whole thing.

And before anyone says "Mourinho's football", it's nothing at all to do with that.
I think that it’s a bit of a hangover after the Dippers game as it was so disappointing but I’m totally up for it today and can’t wait 😛
2-1 Spurs!

I don't doubt that some people are not satisfied with Pochettino but given that he built a very good team, took us to our highest league position in over 50 years and our first European final for 35 years then they must have an awful opinion of nearly every other manager in the club's history.
Personally I loved poch, it did go a little stale st the end but I thought he was exceptional..

Wednesday night in isolation was a performance to be encouraged by, a game we really could have won against a top team. The second half in Selhurst Park was a worry, crabbing up against a middling team. Hopefully we find the right balance today.

As I've said before on here, pochs legacy will be the stadium. He raised our profile, and brought in the bucks to make it possible. Legend. Anyone slagging him on here is clueless.

Today we find out if our players want to be winners, or just talk a good game.
We already found that out on Wednesday in my opinion, the answer is no. They won’t be winners, not in this competition, not this season.

Don’t mean to be all doom and gloom but I got my answer, looking forward to the cups and Europa league and hoping we keep pace for top 4.

The league is not something we are ready for.

So, we are awful at defending set pieces and Leicester haven't scored a single goal from a set piece this season..

You know what that means.

Back
Top Bottom