Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's got nothing to do with some made-up "defeatist Spurs attitude".

I checked out Paratici's CV hoping to find someone who could massively improve the quality of our player recruitment and find the next Berbatovs, Modrics, Bales, before they are global superstars demanding wages we are never going to pay.

And I found nothing, nada, zero in Paratici's CV suggesting he's a good fit for us. Maybe for Conte's "project" of buying established, expensive players for mega-money. But Levy wanted no part of Conte's approach. And I certainly don't see him sanctioning signing injury-prone players on free transfers for £400k pw. Look how careful he was with Bale's loan contract.

But for the sake of argument, maybe there's a different side to Paratici. Maybe he can identify & sign the next Luka Modric or even Christian Eriksen for a competitive transfer.

And because I believe To Dare Is To Do, I genuinely hope Paratici can deliver this.

But no one has presented any evidence that Paratici has made this type of signing when he was at Juventus.
Juventus won the league 9 times in a row with Paratici as Chief Football Officer - and yet you found nothing to say he did a good job signing players? ...... 🥴

Try - Vidal 12.5m - Pirlo Free - Tevez 9m - Bonucci 15m - Pogba Free - Lichtsteiner 10m - Evra 1.5m - Morata, Dybala, Llorente ... to name but a few

Only giving your sporting director a 3 year deal? Really sets them up to engage in long term thinking. :pochrolleyes:

I'm tellin' ya, we've hired this guy to be the fixer and deal finder, not the man in charge.

Or - he's been given the standard three year contract that every executive gets - and you're just trying to spin a positive into a negative - now who would have expected that?

Or - he's been given the standard three year contract that every executive gets - and you're just trying to spin a positive into a negative - now who would have expected that?
Is that true?

I mean isn't being an executive like having a real job with an indefinite term?

I don't presume to know what directors of football contracts normally look like, I'm just pointing out that everybody on this board has been jizzing themselves at the notion of building on a longer time horizon than 3 years.

Is that true?

I mean isn't being an executive like having a real job with an indefinite term?

I don't presume to know what directors of football contracts normally look like, I'm just pointing out that everybody on this board has been jizzing themselves at the notion of building on a longer time horizon than 3 years.

Nearly all jobs are based on term contracts, that just common sense, the vast majority of executive jobs have automatic renewal, ergo a 2/3 year contract automatically renews on the same terms every year.

Giving someone a 10 year contract just opens up massive liabilities should they fail to perform. In any executive contract you would expect notice and termination clauses to be seperate from term clauses anyway so 10 years would have little meaning.

FYI - He was on a rolling contract at Juve which both sides decided not to renew this year, but that was after having renewed it many times in the last eleven years .... provided he does a good job, and of course gets proper support, if he signs for us then he should be here for the long term

Why? you asked why no 10 year contract - the answer is because most executives have 2/3 year rolling contracts ... how is that different?
A 2/3 year contract and a rolling contract are two totally different things.

Is there a fixed term or isn't there?

You were the one who brought up a 10 year deal. I was just commenting that a 3-year deal seems weird for someone who is in theory practicing long term oversight.

But honestly, fuck off with the whole "you keyboard jockeys are being so UNREASONABLE and INCONSISTENT in your complaints about this laughable chaotic shambles" tone. Who are you kidding?

A 2/3 year contract and a rolling contract are two totally different things.

Is there a fixed term or isn't there?

You were the one who brought up a 10 year deal. I was just commenting that a 3-year deal seems weird for someone who is in theory practicing long term oversight.

But honestly, fuck off with the whole "you keyboard jockeys are being so UNREASONABLE and INCONSISTENT in your complaints about this laughable chaotic shambles" tone. Who are you kidding?

It's a 2 / 3 year term contract but as it renews automatically every year it can run indefinitely ... how is that so hard to understand?

Anyone who has been, or who has employed, senior executives will know this stuff.

You trying to turn us finally signing a DoF into a negative - who are you kidding?

finally signing a DoF
Depending on how you want to count them, he's anywhere from ENIC's fourth to seventh DoF. And that's assuming this hire happens and is what it has been reported to be, which remains deeply unclear.

I am more positive on Paratici's qualifications than the people braying about Rangnick and Campos because they've read those names on Twitter and like their Wikipedia pages, I'll say that much. But this is Spurs, Daniel Levy is our Director of Absolutely Every Last Thing.

Depending on how you want to count them, he's anywhere from ENIC's fourth to seventh DoF. And that's assuming this hire happens and is what it has been reported to be, which remains deeply unclear.

I am more positive on Paratici's qualifications than the people braying about Rangnick and Campos because they've read those names on Twitter and like their Wikipedia pages, I'll say that much. But this is Spurs, Daniel Levy is our Director of Absolutely Every Last Thing.

Try being positive for a change - signing a DoF to take some power from Levy has been something at the top of fans wish lists for years - just maybe that's about to happen ...

Some good news in gloomy time ... be happy for a day.

Has he started yet? We need this guy in his office last week. Because Levy and co are a steaming pile of shit he needs to hit the ground running and basically scrape the barrell of the work he was doing for Juventus because most of the targets he has for them would be below the ambition of our board.

Has he started yet? We need this guy in his office last week. Because Levy and co are a steaming pile of shit he needs to hit the ground running and basically scrape the barrell of the work he was doing for Juventus because most of the targets he has for them would be below the ambition of our board.

There are some reports that he is already started working on deals to sell guys but I doubt that.

Back
Top Bottom