Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In Italy there is now excitement for the national football team. Of course they are doing well but I would wait tougher tests before feeling back in the Elite, in the magic circle of the best teams.

You're enjoyable to watch so far, at least.

Vs Wales.... Predicted score?
I predict 2-1: Mancini will not make too many calculations apart from some changes to rest. He wants to keep the tension high: Italy has excellent players but not champions (like Baggio). However, I assume that he will play to win. Wales is inferior but dangerous. Bale is good and Ramsey is looking for visibility after two rather dull years at Juventus.

"The night before I signed my first contract with Juventus, I didn't sleep a wink.
I had a thousand adrenaline.
The next morning, I spent some time with my attorney pondering what to say, about the amount and length of the contract.
When I got to Boniperti's office, I froze: I had lost my words.
I was 17, what could I say in front of someone like him?
For 5 minutes we talked about something else.
At one point, in the middle of the chat, Boniperti turned and said to me:
"Well, that's the contract. Sign."
He totally blew me away.
I took 5 minutes to decide, together with my attorney, outside the office.
The offer was much lower than what we had thought with my agent, but we accepted anyway.
How did you say no to Boniperti and Juventus ".

June 28, 1993, the beginning of a long and romantic love story between Alessandro Del Piero and Juventus. ❤

TEAM ATTENDANCE
Manchester City 65
JUVENTUS 52
Chelsea 49
Bayern 43
Borussia Dortmund 41
ATALANTA 35

Queen of the goal
The ranking by club membership (considering the 2020-21 season) reveals that the 12 bianconeri have collected a total of 52 appearances (4015 minutes of play), second only to Manchester City players who have managed 65 (5179 '). Followed by Chelsea (49) and Bayern Munich (43), the clubs that have won the last two Champions, then Atalanta (35).

If we consider the ranking of goals, we find that Juve takes the lead with 12 joys: CR7 (5), Morata (3), Chiesa (2), Ramsey, Rabiot. No other club represented at Euro 2020 has gone into double figures. Behind the Bianconeri, Manchester City (8 goals), Liverpool (8), Inter (8), Atalanta (7) and so on. In short, Max Allegri, who gathers the first ranks today at the Continassa, will receive spring-loaded players from the European Championship.

b70bc9e74b77cb913519efa82bd30e36.jpg

Bad sense of humor, stupid tweet
Cultural insensitive (or worse) action by the player and even worse action by whomever is responsible for making it public. Someone, or at least 2 people, should be getting fired. They should also think about firing the PR person who put out that non-apology apology. But that's just my opinion.

Cultural insensitive (or worse) action by the player and even worse action by whomever is responsible for making it public. Someone, or at least 2 people, should be getting fired. They should also think about firing the PR person who put out that non-apology apology. But that's just my opinion.
I don't know if it's okay to fire a person for something like this. There will certainly be image damage. If you want to have a market in Asia, these mistakes are very serious.

I don't know if it's okay to fire a person for something like this.
No repercussions --> no introspection --> no behavior modification --> same shit, different day.

There will certainly be image damage. If you want to have a market in Asia, these mistakes are very serious.
Shouldn't just be about 'image'. Italy's 'image' on this matter ain't all that great. Should be about right and wrong and if institutions like Juventus tolerate such ignorance then what faith can we have for the culture at large? And it isn't just Asia that should be offended by such actions.

The truth (I think) is that even the company would gladly get rid of this monstrous salary.
The CR7 champion and professional is not in dispute: he guarantees a certain number of goals per season.
The problem is that in order to get his goal package, the team has to be at his disposal. This in the long run led to an involution in the game. Now I'm not saying that he has to do like Eto or Mandzukic but his polarizing the game is harmful.

Commercially (which was the driving force behind it) it was a good idea but the pandemic killed everything and severely reduced revenues.

The replacement? CR7 do not replace it in my opinion, you simply have to change the module: then if they have already thought of something by 31 ... I hope.

However, if he wants to give away from Turin they bring him with a smile if they can now save 60 million gross

Back
Top Bottom