Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It means Spurs don't have to pay him any salary or bonuses - about 3.5m - and that he becomes a free agent. He can then sign for anyone he wants at any time, and we free up a "foreign" space in the squad.

It's roughly about the same value as a 5m sale - no tax or agent fees.

If it happens it's a reasonable result all around, he wasn't going to accept a transfer and we were not going to give him a squad number, he'd have just stunk up the place until next summer.

Terrible signing when you consider why he was suspended by PSG .... let's hope this happens, rarely do I wish players ill so I'll just stick with good riddance.
I sincerely hope you are correct.

My final word on this schmuck.
Worst signing in our history.
Cost us last season.
Jose said don't let the guy shoot. He let the guy shoot. 3 times.
West Ham 3-3 was down to him
Penalties and FKs given away in key games.
We were top of the league.
Feck off and don't come back.

So now we get nothing for Aurier

23m, 12m 0m

How do our players devalue so quickly

Toby, Sissoko now Aurier

We keep burning money , we will never have the money to buy decent replacenents
Age? Every player loses value when they are closing in on 30. The best players in the world might still hold value if they haven’t dropped off but sissoko, Toby, and aurier are not on that list.

This is nothing new. It’s like people have just started following the sport or something.

Respect to him to accept termination of contract rather than take a salary for 12 months like Rose did last year. He was better than Doherty but with 12 months remaining on contract and with his replacement in situ, he was the obvious one to go.

It probably means he gets something less than the money he was owed this season.
It certainly wouldn't be the full amount. Maybe somewhere plus or minus half.

If he can find a club that pays him what he thinks he's worth then it's a great deal for Aurier. The problem is that he's dogshit as a defender and he'd be lucky to play for a mid-table club in the Prem.

I could also see this blowing up in his face.

Respect to him to accept termination of contract rather than take a salary for 12 months like Rose did last year. He was better than Doherty but with 12 months remaining on contract and with his replacement in situ, he was the obvious one to go.
Rose didnt care if he played or not in the end. Aurier probably wants to still play football.

Back
Top Bottom