Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly this. A guy who plays for one of the best national teams in the world with great players around him, and also plays for the best team in a much easier league.

VS

A guy who plays for a terrible national team, that he often has to carry.. and plays for a 'top 6' team in a much tougher league.. which he also has to carry at times (when Kane is out for example).

You can't easily compare them.. but if you do. You have to imagine them playing in the same set of conditions.. and in the same environment. And that is tough to do.. but it's a lot closer than you think.

Also.. Mbappe just like almost any other player has patches where he is non existent. E.g 0 goals and 1 assist in the euros, no goals in the Champions League for over a year at one point etc..
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking: I haven't compared son and mbappes stats but that's the only way to compare. I don't know whether KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy was trying to compare a team against an individual but that's the way it came across.

Also.. Mbappe just like almost any other player has patches where he is non existent. E.g 0 goals and 1 assist in the euros, no goals in the Champions League for over a year at one point etc..
Mbappe has averaged 33 goals and 15 assists a season for PSG the past 4 seasons. That includes time he played for the team as 17 year old teenager.

If he has patches where he goes nonexistent, then I'd imagine he'd be putting up Ronaldo/Messi numbers if he were 'consistent.'

Mbappe has averaged 33 goals and 15 assists a season for PSG the past 4 seasons. That includes time he played for the team as 17 year old teenager.

He was 18 (nearly 19) when he joined PSG.

If he has patches where he goes nonexistent, then I'd imagine he'd be putting up Ronaldo/Messi numbers if he were 'consistent.'

He's playing for the Harlem Globetrotters in a second tier league.

He was pretty shit in the Euro's this summer and was a non-factor away to City in the CL semi last season; much like he was in the final the year before.

He still has plenty to prove

Last edited:

Talented as Mbappe is, the lead singer who sung Mmmbop would have decent stats playing up front for PSG in that farmers league.

Sounds bad, expect him to be out for a while.

Bit worrying that he has been back 2 days, and the doctors haven't made their analysis yet.

They will already know what the injury is, Nuno is talking about the time frame for recovery. From his tone it seems he has already been told that it’s a bad one and is just waiting for the club to make a more detailed announcement.

Calm down,

let's actually see what the situation is.

Son is usually a very quick recoverer!

Nononono. Thats now how it works.

Whine and cry and bitch and moan first. Call everything pathetic and miserable, no matter the full information.
All the better if it fits with your (negative) agenda that you are pushing 24/7 here.

Thats how we roll in this forum!

After reading about his PSV loan, I suspect the only reason we got Vinicius last season was because Benfica are completely financially fucked and were nearly giving him away.

Yay, another bargain for Daniel.

At first the issue was too high purchase clause in contract (hence too expensive).
Now he was too cheap.

Can't it just be what it was - we took a punt with backup striker. He was not quite Spurs quality and we decided to send him back.

For fuck sake, is everything ever done okay? Or is the constant moan-fest the only aim and dream in life?!?!

Back
Top Bottom