New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it only the spots in the south stand which already have the barriers/seats (so the lower part)?

Will be interesting to see if the lock the seats into the "standing" mode. I noticed at the match Saturday that it looks like there is a lock mechanism that will allow the seat to be locked upright. Hope not, as I like my half time sit down.
Your wish has been granted........................

FDqugp5WUAMM7gT

How many (standing) seats / tickets is this in Jan?

This is a trial which will be monitored by Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA), so its very possible that they may alter actual numbers permitted at any stage,

I believe there are 6,000 such seats at the foot of the 17,000-capacity South Stand and a further 1,500 or so for visiting fans in the away section. So that is the maximum.

All the talk is that if the trial is deemed a success by SGSA further seats may be changed to being 'safe standing' for next season ... or not

Not sure how that is OTT compared to the normal arrangements?

Standing has been banned for over 25 years, not like they are going to go

"Just stand where you fucking want"
Bearing in mind there is already a lot of people standing already at matches. There is a big difference to stand where you want and having to allow Away supporters to stand, code of conduct (whatever that means), training of stewards and CCTV sounds OTT to me. I was brought up with standing on the Shelf.

Not sure this topic belongs in a football forum anymore.

No offence to anyone but if you want your stadium to generate revenue 365 days a year (not my words) then anyone who is not a dyed in the wool football fan will just be looking at you with a blank stare.

Honestly, not sure which side I'm on because I want the success that financial stability brings but I don't have the historical chops to counter argue.

Look at Everton on Sunday. Raised the fucking roof and what a game to be at.

Look at Everton and where they are.

Sign of the times OTT H&S requirements.
So long as there is standing I don't really mind.

Most of that is I guess for insurance purposes in the event of something going tits up.

The hypocrisy is that standing never really went away, and I'd argue that it was potentially more dangerous standing where fixed seats were without barriers, genuinely lost count how many times I've gone over the seat in front of me after we've scored (ahhhh the good old days!), just amazed at 500 others haven't ended up on top of me.

Sign of the times OTT H&S requirements.
What there is OTT?

Don't have standing where there are disabled people behind who want to watch the match isn't OTT H&S it's just common sense and taking the fact they too have paid for a ticket and would like to watch the match into consideration.

Having 1 standing space per person standing is a simple way to prevent overcrowding.

Having a seat you can sit on at half time isn't something to complain about.

Barriers between rows makes a surge\crush impossible.

All of these things just seem like common sense really.

What there is OTT?

Don't have standing where there are disabled people behind who want to watch the match isn't OTT H&S it's just common sense and taking the fact they too have paid for a ticket and would like to watch the match into consideration.

Having 1 standing space per person standing is a simple way to prevent overcrowding.

Having a seat you can sit on at half time isn't something to complain about.

Barriers between rows makes a surge\crush impossible.

All of these things just seem like common sense really.
I think it all makes sense. Nothing OTT about it. The ‘old days’ of cramming 60,000 people in a space designed for 30,000 ain’t ever coming back and rightly so

Not really. If we are late by a day, we ask the league to play our first game away.
Liverpool did it when their new stand wasn’t ready. West Ham do it if they have a Tweenies concert or the Junior Shot Putt Championships on.
Only just seen this.... 4 years late!
How DARE you, *I've played Wembley (Arena), the M.E.N, Birmingham NEC, Top of the Pops, Melbourne; Australia and various others... But I ain't playing no West Ham / Olympic Stadium gig!

Now take it back THIS INSTANT!

*Facts and stats are based on information that is about 20 years old... But you get my drift!

One thing I am very surprised the TH Trust seem never to have asked is 'Given the use of Tottenham Hotspur name in most of these planning applications, what precisely is the club's role, and what financial reward will the club get from being involved in schemes apparently owned by ENIC owned companies.
It’s very complex , because they’ve made it so. You have THFC , TH properties & TH offshore developers ( based in the Bahamas)

Th properties monitor risks & uncertainties including the success of the first team, they are the decision makers , who are running at a £3m loss & has a value of £0 . They make no profit but had a expenditure of £43,000 last year
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/r4Y22PjOu5LxWLRHMd7G9Lv4ePDz6UWa9BM6Qqg2EOQ/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3ORXSW54C%2F20211113%2Feu-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20211113T082914Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=IQoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEIj%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEaCWV1LXdlc3QtMiJHMEUCIQC4F84QBrolpXc74iJiFleHpt7irH2JrU5fassJ75JbYgIgSFPAnfs4Hur4qESLR%2BAjCGJdrm%2FttDUpqlnV8SjR6Twq%2BgMIQRAEGgw0NDkyMjkwMzI4MjIiDC4zymFrNYL0vT74fyrXA1MCP4TcsAMRuwgHyVHOhsiveo%2Fi23Zkf5nFMI9LKToMeoL%2BdcZ2QBBHa6zJVHNrmOzcQX7qymofmH6n3yOzaOYl6rpVGqB12YewKQ0Dyy5NtwteqfqnBw%2FstyO09gAMdES9WmXBMORdtAatuCJSwxd87p3%2BanwpwD08vkLnKr9L4O%2BU8VObcnfV9BkoeP5vAsb8K9tUeXjc2N9BqClViRc3KQbO%2Fj1StLpyY94QY8SZQeDq1HDu6wQUw9X2adg0qZVPW%2Bm78WO98x%2BIF1saHozB6MneVGtuLo%2BaXInd0m0Fs3wABIlDPHhJm3U3Vlw6OFrLvKp%2BdzPyzyVLfi0wr8CZsQxARX0RkjaAVNgfsxRWO9T5RRGKc%2FCJItF5w20XlObS1i%2BpdwKYOJFG%2BEtcqfuDgc6oarQEcubw8p%2BiC73qa3B3AxEiQQgZOo3NWN90csAe0ssjMfOLKaUIZWUdNm%2BZI5NE9MrbS%2F8tr6Wj7e5IRs07pZueGeuSQiWbFLfZvVmenLXGtV2s%2B1XQReJukB6bc3R6r2C3Vag9%2FBsYIHQCXZ7FmKbsXVGNunIW3%2FdZqLR7RqamFmfpEGT%2FKLU9Mmhvyr6i2WThmyZKOUFgxxMy6McE%2FXoc3zC80r2MBjqlAc%2F3o%2BlUqFT8YqVXbSDAz%2FalN5kyianUw52jEPe1S5PVx6fG1CTDkcgjT%2BveWNx6xiXlvnzia41iPckC1l0mK0jiUPQ%2BIlaidJV8R2br%2BIHtY7GfIazgP4P4624ZwElWBa2mrI1mGbsRJQ2Z3bX0DhvbtoqKhETHEeo0EvjkWZG%2BQZue8IX0LbCU08I6jTax7pf5uEXvv1gjCo79U0kNilFqtAHkhg%3D%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D%22companies_house_document.pdf%22&X-Amz-Signature=ecb72b45d098921f9cc6a6e38c647ba5aab9f409a4f227dc9fc26e5274a64d05

TH Overseas Properties seem to the company who applied for building rights for the stadium etc on land owed by ENIC , hence why we are tenants & not owners of our own ground . Remember ENIC bought land from THFC on the cheap

ENIC have invested 180m into the build of the stadium , some of that was raised by charity events & have only invested £70m in 21 years into the team & left THFC with one of the biggest debts in football & themselves are not guarantors of this debt.

At the end of the day ENIC decide what we get out of it despite using our name as they own the land it’s all built on.

Sorry for the weird link

Back
Top Bottom