Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m NOT defending Levy here - I’m as frustrated with ENIC as the next man - but it’s only fair to point out that he actually has spent a few quid on players (N’Dombele, Lo Celso and many others) …. So there had been some effort from Levy, including the appointment of one of the world‘s best managers, now in situ at WHL.

The real issue is that those players he has bought and paid for just haven’t worked out. That’s down to the recruitment team. Make sure you give them some shit alongside the hate for Levy and ENIC.

Two problems with what you are saying.

First, when you say he spent on players and it isn't his fault that they didn't work out. It is his fault if he put restrictions on how the money could be spent, ie sell on value has to be considered, age restrictions on players, payment structure determines who we buy or not. Plenty of reasons to think this has been a major factor in transfers for us.

Second, hiring Conte means very little if he doesn't bring in players. Hiring Conte alone should give Levy very little credit at all. In fact hiring Conte and not backing him is worse than not hiring him at all.

Second, hiring Conte means very little if he doesn't bring in players. Hiring Conte alone should give Levy very little credit at all. In fact hiring Conte and not backing him is worse than not hiring him at all.
In fact, if it wasn’t for Paratici, I doubt Conte would have came here to work with a knob like Levy.

I’m NOT defending Levy here - I’m as frustrated with ENIC as the next man - but it’s only fair to point out that he actually has spent a few quid on players (N’Dombele, Lo Celso and many others) …. So there had been some effort from Levy, including the appointment of one of the world‘s best managers, now in situ at WHL.

It's quite brilliant

The more dross we buy (Ndombele, GLC and Co) and the less we get back for them (Lamela, Sissoko and Co) the MORE ambitious it makes ENIC look.

Incompetence effectively being used as a defence against accusations of lack of ambition.

We're a full circle comedy FC by now.

The real issue is that those players he has bought and paid for just haven’t worked out. That’s down to the recruitment team. Make sure you give them some shit alongside the hate for Levy and ENIC.

Levy not only hires the "recruitment" team. He also sanctions all transfers from his transfer comittee.

:harrysmile:

I will be there and encourage any one who lives locally and is not happy with ENIC to attend. We need the numbers. It's deadline day so sky sports will be there.
I won't be there due to commitments.
However good luck to those who are going and hats of the organisers.
For those going. If Levy drives into the training ground put the slags window out.

So, Mirror reporting that the club is losing £165K per home game due to unsold seats. Who knew that fans interest/attendance is directly correlated to ambition / success??

Comments and actions along the lines by our chairman of ‘spending doesn’t correlate to success’ clearly isn’t that bright.

Carry on fleecing us fans funding the investment and property side rather than the football side to generate success and you’ll eventually get the Logan Roy treatment. Hell, I’d rather have him in charge than Levy.

Show ambition, back the manager or sell up and fuck off. The United game atmosphere will be tame in comparison otherwise.

Last edited:

wwe carter GIF

we can always do an Woolwich and photoshop fans in

Amrabat is a cry for help man, something is seriously fucked up at the club.

Someone with an accounting background needs to dig into the club reports.
If you look into the business structure of ENIC & all that surrounds THFC , it’s a spiderweb of sub companies & off shoots . Very confusing to pinpoint what does what

wwe carter GIF

we can always do an Woolwich and photoshop fans in

Good thing they’re working really hard on fixing this situation by bringing in top quality, high reputation players that gets bums in seats.

What’s that, a couple of benchwarmers on the way and our tried and tested strategy of bidding 15m under the value of any player who has actual quality?

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

Good thing they’re working really hard on fixing this situation by bringing in top quality, high reputation players that gets bums in seats.

What’s that, a couple of benchwarmers on the way and our tried and tested strategy of bidding 15m under the value of any player who has actual quality?

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt
Sounds like some huge deal, but its around £4M/yr. In the terms of football budgets its fuck all, especially considering selling out constantly is never gonna happen with so many midweek games you're likely losing less than £3M in real attainable revenue.

The idea that something like that can/should be an impetus to action is just wrong.

There does need to be action, but that isn't going to be why.

Sounds like some huge deal, but its £3M/yr. In the terms of football budgets its fuck all, especially considering selling out constantly is never gonna happen with so many midweek games you're likely losing less than £2M in real attainable revenue.

The idea that something like that can/should be an impetus to action is just wrong.

There does need to be action, but that isn't going to be why.
Not sure how they're calculating it exactly, but a big part of the revenue model for the stadium is not just the ticket prices, but in beers and pies and merch and the like which was designed to attract and retain people in the facility to a greater extent than a normal football ground.

Then of course the matchday take is also net of the fixed stadium financing costs, which makes those marginal dollars (pounds, whatever, go away) leveraged above their face value to an extent.

Then consider we're at the tip of the iceberg for disgust and disinterest with the club.

And the matchday revenue situation is probably the MOST stable outlook of the three-legged stool of TV, commercial, and matchday.

ENIC will lose their shirt, relatively speaking, from Levy's continued oversight of the organization.

Back
Top Bottom