List of Paratici/Levy mistakes in last 6 months

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1. Appointing Nuno

2. Pressurising Nuno to play 4-3-3 even though 3-4-3 suits our team better. Made even worse by the fact Paratici must have known that after Nuno, Conte/ Potter were two priority alternatives both of whom play 3 atb.

3. Buying players such as Emerson that suit 4 atb but not 3 atb. Now he has no use; we could have bought a RWB from the summer.

4. Finding money that NEARLY seals big deals such as Lautaro and Diaz. But then immediately forgetting about that cash when considering alternatives that we actually execute.

5. Bidding for players who don't start for their club, such as Kulusevski and Amarabat. This is nearly always a bad idea, unless there's special circumstances.

6 Letting the Vinnie and Bale loans go without covering them whatsoever leaving us an injury away from being totally fucked

7 letting the manager search go on for so long that we had little time for Nuno (bad as he was) to prepare for the start of the season

8 not trying to get Vlahovic last summer when he was more gettable before Juv and others wanted him

10: Not selling Kane when it was clear that his heart was elsewhere. We will get barely any money for a rebuild when he leaves in the summer.

6 Letting the Vinnie and Bale loans go without covering them whatsoever leaving us an injury away from being totally fucked

7 letting the manager search go on for so long that we had little time for Nuno (bad as he was) to prepare for the start of the season

8 not trying to get Vlahovic last summer when he was more gettable before Juv and others wanted him
Pal, we could've tried for Vlahovic last summer, he still wouldn't have come to Spurs. Especially with Kane in front of him. And even if we'd let Kane go to City, I firmly believe Dusan would've stayed at Fio. He's never been keen on Spurs and why would he. I've read loads about him and he seems like a guy who really, really values himself as a world class striker, similar to Erling and Mbappe. So if them two aspire to play for City, Real, Liverpool...why would Vlahovic settle for Spurs

Having a top, TOP manager, OUR manager, Antonio fucking Conte saying shit like this and we do absolutely fucking nothing in this window to make sure we get rid of wage bandits and bring in top quality ASAP....

"I think honestly that in this moment and the last years the level of Tottenham has dropped, it has dropped a lot. Now you have to rebuild. To rebuild you need to have patience and to have patience you need to have time. We have to know the situation.

"The situation is very clear. Then I understand that it’s not simple to accept this situations, especially for the fans. We’re working a lot to try to fight also in the league and stay [up there], but at the moment we’re in the middle. Our situation is this. We’re in the middle, not up and not down, we're in the middle."

Last edited:
I think if we had planned for 3-4-3 since August, we could have built a good team .

The RWB options in transfer market are actually better than RB options.
Absolutely, it wouldn't take too many transfers to build a strong squad for the formation. A better starting WB on both sides, a better backup than Doherty, a strong but creative midfielder (should've been Ndom and/or Nearly Soldso), and another CF.

Pal, we could've tried for Vlahovic last summer, he still wouldn't have come to Spurs. Especially with Kane in front of him. And even if we'd let Kane go to City, I firmly believe Dusan would've stayed at Fio. He's never been keen on Spurs and why would he. I've read loads about him and he seems like a guy who really, really values himself as a world class striker, similar to Erling and Mbappe. So if them two aspire to play for City, Real, Liverpool...why would Vlahovic settle for Spurs

Because Florentina would have liked the cash, worst that would have happened is being gazumped but Juv where not reported to be interested in him back then and I have never read him not liking us, he was lower profile back then.

10: Not selling Kane when it was clear that his heart was elsewhere. We will get barely any money for a rebuild when he leaves in the summer.
He won't leave because now Levy won't want to sell him for a lower fee and lose face.

He'll sign a new contract at some point and stay here.

I think if we had planned for 3-4-3 since August, we could have built a good team .

The RWB options in transfer market are actually better than RB options.

Dumfries is killing it as a RWB for Inter right now and was sold for 12.5m.

And it wasn't like he was some diamond in the rough they fluked into. We could have easily bought him for half the price of Royal and had him and Reggies as our two starting RWB's.

Also the idea that our WB's aren't good enough, well if we go to a back 4 our FB's wouldn't be good enough either so odd when people make that complaint.

Because Florentina would have liked the cash, worst that would have happened is being gazumped but Juv where not reported to be interested in him back then and I have never read him not liking us, he was lower profile back then.
Fiorentina didn't really need the cash then, they preferred to keep a player they knew was gonna score another 20 ish goals for them. And they're only selling him now cause he's asked to join Juve and they feel they owe him after what he's done for the club. Plus yeah, they're now getting top dollar for him, enough to sign a good replacement and they may still get European qualification come end of the season.

But the fact remain, then or now, he would never have signed for Spurs. In his mind, he's a top, top player. And top, top players sign for City, Real, Juve, PSG, Bayern...not Spurs.

I love my club but that's a reality. And we've seen it again with Luiz Dias. We are not A-list. We're B-list. And so we sign B or C-listers, especially cause our chairman is tight as fuck and our DOF is a muppet with no skills

The strange u turns in the availability for sale of players dependant on game to game form. This stinks of no plan, and Zero strategic thinking.:Tanganga against City, Bergwijn against Leicester, for sale not for sale. The continued lack of a Centerforward understudy. The damaging negligence in the development of Dane Scarlett, throwing a physically incapable child in against ECL teams when the more physically able Etete was loaned out. I am 100% certain I could run the football side of our club with more coherence than this man. I genuinely believe Paratici has been epically over- promoted.

Back
Top Bottom