New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All this talk of naming rights, why couldn't we have continued to call it White Hart Lane whilst we wait for a proper sponsor?

Also, I wonder if they're waiting for the AIA deal to run out? I imagine any stadium sponsor would also want their name on the front of our shirt.

All this talk of naming rights, why couldn't we have continued to call it White Hart Lane whilst we wait for a proper sponsor?

Also, I wonder if they're waiting for the AIA deal to run out? I imagine any stadium sponsor would also want their name on the front of our shirt.
It's purely marketing.

Bringing you Guns n Roses from White Hart Lane doesn't highlight the club.

....... from Tottenham Hotspur Stadium raises the profile of the football club to those who don't know anything about football..........like Igula.

I agree though, I definitely want and will still continue to call it White Hart Lane.

As well as what steve mentioned, I reckon it's to prevent a massive negative reaction once it gets announced. Nobody is really attached to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium as a name as we know it is a placeholder. Also maybe they are trying to get us out of the habit of calling it the lane so that people will actually call it by the name of the sponsor.

It's purely marketing.

Bringing you Guns n Roses from White Hart Lane doesn't highlight the club.

....... from Tottenham Hotspur Stadium raises the profile of the football club to those who don't know anything about football..........like Igula.

I agree though, I definitely want and will still continue to call it White Hart Lane.
I think that it is a win win for Tottenham, we get money for naming it and maybe younger fans will accept it etc but to us older fans it will always be white hart lane

The Sky Bar is still empty and will probably be a sweetener with the naming rights deal.

One thing that I don't understand though, will it be closed during the game?

You can see the pitch from the windows which surely would make it fall foul of drinking in view of the pitch

would have thought some of the coaches would be in the sky bar watching the match to give Conte the heads up of changes needed, you can't really see that much of theother side of pitch from the dug outs

Latest from The Trust

Atmosphere at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
There have been some encouraging developments on the atmosphere front over recent weeks. We were in touch with the Club soon after the date of the rearranged North London Derby was confirmed to pass on the view we were getting from many members that something special needed organising for the game. The result was the fantastic tifo in the South Stand which did much to help create what was a fantastic atmosphere on the night.

Our final home game against Burnley saw the first outing for the flags organised by the @THFCFlags group. Again, the atmosphere was one of the best for a Sunday midday kick-off we can remember, and the flags played a part in this.

We’re delighted to see a group of fans get stuck in to actually doing something, rather than just complaining about the atmosphere. They were prepared to put in the time to work up designs, raise funds and turn up early on match-day to ensure the flags were seen. And they are working on more. We have given advice when asked, and also helped the group to contact and work with the Club to make this all happen. Please consider helping them make displays next season even better.

We were disappointed but not surprised to see the group taking stick on social media from elements of the online community. While we’re more than aware people don’t like being told what to do, we’d suggest it’s worth respecting the fact that @THFCFlags are willing to put some effort in, and the ambitions they have. We should be encouraging initiatives such as this.

We also fed back views on the playing of Can’t Smile Without You, and encouraged the Club not to play it at kick-off in the final two home games. We are, however, working with the Club to find a permanent home for a proper Spurs anthem.

Interesting thread.

Spurs apparently pull in 5m a game (for the big games anyway). No way Arse, Chavs, City can compete with that.

Other than oil money and fake sponsorships, we're only behind united and Liverpool.

You're absolutely right it was an adopted name never official. Other suggested names included The High Rd Ground, Gilpin Park and Percy Park.
So did it ever have an official name? And who would have had the power to name it? Any incumbent owners I guess? Would it have to be named through Land Registry or something?

That sounds familiar from old programmes.
150.jpg

Back
Top Bottom