Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Happy In Love GIF by The Swoon

It's much more likely that Chelsea get one of de Ligt or Kounde than we get Bastoni or Gvardiol.

Atm we're looking closely at Lenglet loan. No one at de Ligt or Kounde level.

One thing I agree with you on vs Deuterz Deuterz is that I don't think the gap in midfield is big in Chelsea's favour. Similar level. Bissouma Bentancur is a good combination, Skipp Hojbjerg have defensive qualities... I think Jorginho is overrated while Kante is clearly declining.

Kante is declining but a combined midfield would feature Mount, Kovacic & Bissouma, based on last season Kante form.

Their midfield options are more varied, more technical & provide more goals whilst still having a ball winner. It’s a superior roster.

If Lenglet, and Spence are our final two signings after Richarlison, I think we can forget about all the dark horse title challenger stuff.

I hope Paratici is working on a few more deals. At least a box to box CM who can score/assist, and another forward who is a step up from Moura.

If Lenglet, and Spence are our final two signings after Richarlison, I think we can forget about all the dark horse title challenger stuff.

I hope Paratici is working on a few more deals. At least a box to box CM who can score/assist, and another forward who is a step up from Moura.

You're welcome to forget it. The majority of us won't.

And if you think we're sigining Richarlison, AND another forward player....you're having a bubble.

:adethumbup:

Does anybody here really know a fucking thing about the players we have been linked to? People screaming No! to Lenglet, half wishing Gvardiol and Bastoni would come and provide us with 38 clean sheets by default lol.

Some say Spence will become the best WB in the World, others saying there is no way he could be our first choice.

I’m the first to admit I don’t watch la Liga Serie A or the Championship. No Bundesliga and no French league either. Don’t get started on the Portuguese league or the fucking Eresevisie…so I have no fucking clue about any of those players. I literally had never heard of Kulu or Bentacur untill we signed them. I watch the PL and whatever European comp Spurs are in….

I want player X, player Y is shit. Until they come to Spurs and the Premiership we have NO idea how they will do. There are no guarantees. Even Bissouma May look different in a Spurs shirt, hopefully better but who really knows?

I mean, I believe I know a good player when I see them play, but different league, different country, different climate, away from home, outside influences, different treatment at a club, getting slaughtered or adored on social media etc etc etc. and most of the linked players I have never seen play.

All this to say we really do get right worked up about this shit and most of us really don’t have a fucking clue do we?

Other than those in the PL of course

That shit was always people getting too giddy, even if we got Bastoni instead of Lenglet + Eriksen + Dumfries challenging for the title would've been a huge stretch, the points gap we need to make up is massive.

Top 4 + decent CL run + giving one of the domestic cups a real go would be a healthy level of expectation imo.

Does anybody here really know a fucking thing about the players we have been linked to? People screaming No! to Lenglet, half wishing Gvardiol and Bastoni would come and provide us with 38 clean sheets by default lol.

Some say Spence will become the best WB in the World, others saying there is no way he could be our first choice.

I’m the first to admit I don’t watch la Liga Serie A or the Championship. No Bundesliga and no French league either. Don’t get started on the Portuguese league or the fucking Eresevisie…so I have no fucking clue about any of those players. I literally had never heard of Kulu or Bentacur untill we signed them. I watch the PL and whatever European comp Spurs are in….

I want player X, player Y is shit. Until they come to Spurs and the Premiership we have NO idea how they will do. There are no guarantees. Even Bissouma May look different in a Spurs shirt, hopefully better but who really knows?

I mean, I believe I know a good player when I see them play, but different league, different country, different climate, away from home, outside influences, different treatment at a club, getting slaughtered or adored on social media etc etc etc. and most of the linked players I have never seen play.

All this to say we really do get right worked up about this shit and most of us really don’t have a fucking clue do we?

We've already established there are blatant liars in here. Someone claimed to have watched 100+ games featuring Gvardiol even though he's only played 46 for RBL with the rest being for Zagreb kids and first team. And those, including RBL total 102.
It's almost as if some people have no job and no family and no need for sleep and just watch football 24/7 so know everything about every player.

Back
Top Bottom