Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which one?

Stormy Daniels.

Tickling Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

I lose it the way Dav's head hits the ground.

It's like he's been sniped

It’s a hilarious gif but the reason his head does that is he realizes he’s toast and going down and is trying to even get his head in front of the shot.

It’s actually endearing, especially after Dav showed his stripes putting in big efforts when Cuti was out even with his place at the club in doubt. I have a lot of respect for him, a definite professional.

It’s a hilarious gif but the reason his head does that is he realizes he’s toast and going down and is trying to even get his head in front of the shot.

It’s actually endearing, especially after Dav showed his stripes putting in big efforts when Cuti was out even with his place at the club in doubt. I have a lot of respect for him, a definite professional.
This was my take on it too. You can see that he knows he's beat and as he's losing balance, makes a last ditch head first lunge. That's effort.

If we get Lenglet and Spence in, how many players do we need to sell then to fill the homegrown quota in Europe? 6? 7? There's a list of players who can go and free us some space:

Reguilon
Emerson
Rodon
GLC
Ndombele
Bergwijn
Gil (I don't know if he counts as an U21)

That's still kind of an issue when it comes to our squad. The squad still looks kind of thin in order of personnel available, and when you look at it this way, we have way too many players...

He's had plenty of opportunity to be a star at Spurs and it hasn't happened. Decent sub option but wants to leave. Fair enough. Glad we've got our money back on him, which looked doubtful a year ago.

Hopefully we'll sign another forward/creative player as we need a bit more than just Lucas and Rich as attacking options from the bench.
My post was about Gill

Don’t see much movement in players going out. The winks to Everton story has died of death.
Yeah not many will attract fees but we will loan most I reckon…. Rodon (low wages) and GLC (£8-10M) will attract a fee, perhaps Royal (15M), rest will be loans. No clubs outside the PL have money to pay the fees and match their wages

If we get Lenglet and Spence in, how many players do we need to sell then to fill the homegrown quota in Europe? 6? 7? There's a list of players who can go and free us some space:

Reguilon
Emerson
Rodon
GLC
Ndombele
Bergwijn
Gil (I don't know if he counts as an U21)

That's still kind of an issue when it comes to our squad. The squad still looks kind of thin in order of personnel available, and when you look at it this way, we have way too many players...
A thin squad to start the season is a good strategy IMO, clear the decks.

Basically only need to get through until mid Nov and then the Jan window opens

A thin squad to start the season is a good strategy IMO, clear the decks.

Basically only need to get through until mid Nov and then the Jan window opens
The january window is not a window where you can plan ahead, we learned that lesson last year. We got very fourtunate this year that Kane, Son and Kulusevski didn't get injured. If we repeat the same mistake twice, we won't be so lucky.

Yeah not many will attract fees but we will loan most I reckon…. Rodon (low wages) and GLC (£8-10M) will attract a fee, perhaps Royal (15M), rest will be loans. No clubs outside the PL have money to pay the fees and match their wages

The irony of that is that the stick the media used to beat us with was that we didn’t pay our players enough. They got tired of that once we did and now we conformed with the rest of the league we can’t sell our players because of it!

I bet there were a few on here at the time following the media like sheep and saying the same.

If Spence and Lenglet is our lot I'd be quite content and I'd back us to finish third and be a lot closer to the top 2.

The icing on the cake in addition to the two above would be another top CB (Torres or Bremer) and a creative/attacking midfielder.

Very happy with our 4 CMs but I would like the option to put a creative passer on in the middle when we are trying to break down stubborn defences. Or to be able to play a 3 in midfield with the right balance.

It's a travesty neither Lo Celso or Ndombele could step up and deliver as that creative force.

I feel that could push us into the top 2 and/or bring a trophy home.

If we ended up with Spence and Lenglet and sell all the players we want out, we'll pretty much have broken even if not made money.

Conservative numbers here IMO
£10M CCV
£25M Bergwjin
£25m Emerson
£25m Reguilon
£15m Winks
£15m Rodon

If we were to sell GLC, TND, and Sanchez too we'll be we'll in the green somehow.
That then begs the question - what do we do with the money we raised? Do we buy one or two superstars to really push for the title?
What bona-fide superstars are there that we can actually sign?
I'm saying no to Bastoni. Not interested in leaving Inter at all.
I'm saying no to Gvardiol. No one at 20 is a fully fledged Superstar and for the quoted price, a ludicrous gamble.
Are we then into the midfield and the attack?

Who?

If we ended up with Spence and Lenglet and sell all the players we want out, we'll pretty much have broken even if not made money.

Conservative numbers here IMO
£10M CCV
£25M Bergwjin
£25m Emerson
£25m Reguilon
£15m Winks
£15m Rodon

If we were to sell GLC, TND, and Sanchez too we'll be we'll in the green somehow.
That then begs the question - what do we do with the money we raised? Do we buy one or two superstars to really push for the title?
What bona-fide superstars are there that we can actually sign?
I'm saying no to Bastoni. Not interested in leaving Inter at all.
I'm saying no to Gvardiol. No one at 20 is a fully fledged Superstar and for the quoted price, a ludicrous gamble.
Are we then into the midfield and the attack?

Who?
I'd take Emerson of your list.

But to answer your question, Ronaldo! The money raised from those outgoings will cover about a month of his wages

Back
Top Bottom