England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't dispute that Wilshere is capable of playing excellent football, but he has been terrible tonight. If he's England's great hope then we really are fucked
It seems like this is always what's being said, that "I have no doubt that Wilshere is an excellent player, but his performance has not been up to par."

He's got a great work-rate, but I've never seen the x-factor that people seem to salivate over.

Jesus! I totally forgot about Townsend! In all seriousness, I would get him on the right for Walcott. Get him cutting in, no one has really done that tonight, could give us a little spark that we need!

When you watch England there is no one player you think 'wow I can't wait to see them play.'

We did have Rooney but all his flair and unpredictability seems to have been coached out of him entirely.

We don't look like we have a clue what we're doing going forward and I think web string no more than 4 passes together in one move in their half. Dire.

If rather we lost every game but at lead played with a bit of fire and excitement.

Hodgkin said he'd pick players on form. So why did Milner start ahead of Townsend?

When you watch England there is no one player you think 'wow I can't wait to see them play.'

We did have Rooney but all his flair and unpredictability seems to have been coached out of him entirely.

We don't look like we have a clue what we're doing going forward and I think web string no more than 4 passes together in one move in their half. Dire.

If rather we lost every game but at lead played with a bit of fire and excitement.

Hodgkin said he'd pick players on form. So why did Milner start ahead of Townsend?
Cos Woy is naturally cautious. That would have meant two relatively new players in one team( Lambert being the other.) Woy wouldn't like that, not in a competitive game

This shocking shower of shite is something to be embarrassed of as a nation and yet I bet the papers and journos don't mention a fucking word about how bad it actually is!

In need of a goal, Cleverley comes on. In related news Roy Hodgson fiddles while the city burns.

Great. Cleverly the fucking game changer on now. I'd rather they'd left Townsend back with us to train with the team. What a waste of time.

No wonder AVB was critical when he was called up.

I would give a testicle to see a successful England team ( I have 3 brothers. Clearly not one of my own nuts), and I would love it to be full of Spurs players. But I remember the number the press did on Paul Robinson, There is a part of me that doesn't mind our players not playing.

You have to wonder what they actually do in training. The passing was dreadful, we didn't appear to have any tactics and not one player looked capable of doing anything remotely exciting with the ball. I may sound impassioned but games like this remind why I gave up on caring about te England football team ever since World Cup 2010. I'm more pissed off that I've just wasted 2 hour watching that shite.

We are quickly getting left behind in world football as we simply aren't evolving as a team! No mutant jokes please :king:

If we were playing a half decent side tonight we would have been absolutely slaughtered:mong:

Why do we insist on playing players that clearly have no footballing ability (young, Milner and Walcott) over players that have clearly been playing in form for their clubs! Fuck I'm going to bed :defoe:

Back
Top Bottom