Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Caught a glimpse of a left-footed centre half called Jorrel Hato (16) playing for Holland, he's at Ajax currently. Think he captains both sides.

Something special about him IMO, would expect Ajax to hand him a full debut this season at some point.

Harder to tell at this age, but looks one for the future.

LCB Micky Van de Ven with an assist as Wolfsburg continue their incredible form after the winter break.

Niko Kovac's squad are smashing 2nd/3rd place Freiburg 4-0 in the 60th minute.

LCB Micky Van de Ven with an assist as Wolfsburg continue their incredible form after the winter break.

Niko Kovac's squad are smashing 2nd/3rd place Freiburg 4-0 in the 60th minute.
Van de Ven just drew a penalty (which was converted) to make it 6-0 Wolfsburg over Freiburg.

Kovac switched Van de Ven over to LB when Lacroix subbed on for LB Paulo Silva @ 71'.

IMO, Van de Ven is (presently) better than Bastoni and on par with Gvardiol, but he has a higher ceiling than both.

Love what Kovac is doing at Wolfsburg.

I only just saw this post now but he just went to Villa and I’ll be excited to see how he does. I follow the Fire so watched his coming up last season and figured he needed another year before a team came calling. Physically he’s well suited for the PL as he’s big, fast, and powerful. He’s well composed with the ball at his feet, but he’s not super creative either.

Lookman is having a very good season with Atalanta, scored twice against Juve even though the first one was a Lloris like fuck up from Szczesny

Caught a glimpse of a left-footed centre half called Jorrel Hato (16) playing for Holland, he's at Ajax currently. Think he captains both sides.

Something special about him IMO, would expect Ajax to hand him a full debut this season at some point.

Harder to tell at this age, but looks one for the future.
Has been brought on from the bench for his full Ajax debut in a Cup match and has been on the bench 3 times this month in the league.

Worth keeping an eye out for. Him and the massive PSG lad are probably the two best prospects as defenders I've seen in a long time.

Here's a new one to add to the mix. Top 5 prospects in each position that you know of at lesser clubs than ours. Good to keep an eye on how these boys work out:

RB
Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace)
Benjamin Henrichs (Monaco)
Noussa Mazraoui (Ajax)
Achraf Hakimi (Dortmund on loan from Real Madrid)
Pedro Porro (Girona)

CB
Boubacar Kamara (Marseille)
Malang Sarr (Nice)
Eder Militao (Porto)
Evan N'Dicka (Frankfurt)
Dayot Upamecano (RB Leipzig)

DM
Sander Berge (Genk)
Amadou Diawara (Napoli)
Sandro Tonali (Brescia)
Arne Maier (Hertha Berlin)
Lucas Tousart (Lyon)

CM
Frankie De Jong (Ajax)
Riqui Puig (Barcelona)
Yacine Adli (PSG)
Fran Beltran (Celta Vigo)
Florian Neuhaus (Monchengladbach)

AM
Kai Haivertz (Leverkusen)
Brahim Diaz (Real Madrid)
David Brooks (Bournemouth)
Nicolas Pepe (Lille)
Giorgi Chakvetadze (Gent)

FWD
Moise Kean (Juventus)
Moussa Sylla (Monaco)
Luka Jovic (Frankfurt)
Matheus Cunha (RB Leipzig)
Patrick Cutrone (AC Milan)

The ones I'd absolutely love to see us go for are Berge, Tonali, Puig & Chakvetadze from what I've seen. I'd also be keeping tabs on Dani Ceballos over in Madrid for the rest of the year as I think he has bags of potential.
Finally we get a player from my list through the door. Happy with this one

Antoine Semenyo (20) who is currently on loan at Sunderland from Bristol City looks like he has some real potential IMO.

Interested to see him in this league, not long turned 23, think he's still improving.

Back
Top Bottom