Manchester City v Tottenham - Sunday 3 Dec 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"But the performance will stand as the most satisfying moment of Postecoglou’s time as Tottenham manager to date; and as confirmation in spirit, discipline and the boldness of his tactics, that something really is stirring here."

View: https://x.com/nocontextfm1/status/1731383858304614470?s=20

Seen a reply to this. Ref blew for the foul then stopped it for playing a moving ball.

In that case, it's the right decision?

For me that doesn't make sense - if that was true, why did he hold out his arm indicating for play to continue / the free kick to be taken when he could clearly see just a metre away from him that the ball was moving? His body language is incongruent with that explanation - well for me anyway.

God knows what really went through his mind, we'll probably never know. The only even remotely realistic suggestion so far is that he simply couldn't see Grealish and thought Haaland just lumped it forward to no one, but even that is quite a stretch. Very, very strange decision... but it's not the first and it won't be the last, all teams benefit from them, and all teams suffer from them. Refs are human beings too, they make mistakes and we all need to learn to live with that. Just like dippers with the VAR error, City need to get over it.

For me that doesn't make sense - if that was true, why did he hold out his arm indicating for play to continue / the free kick to be taken when he could clearly see just a metre away from him that the ball was moving? His body language is incongruent with that explanation - well for me anyway.

God knows what really went through his mind, we'll probably never know. The only even remotely realistic suggestion so far is that he simply couldn't see Grealish and thought Haaland just lumped it forward to no one, but even that is quite a stretch. Very, very strange decision... but it's not the first and it won't be the last, all teams benefit from them, and all teams suffer from them. Refs are human beings too, they make mistakes and we all need to learn to live with that. Just like dippers with the VAR error, City need to get over it.

I think that's the most likely. That he didn't see Grealish

People just follow a lazy narrative, mainly because it's popular and it's an easy thing conclude about us, it's honestly so boring.

The high line has never been a problem, people are just saying that because they think that Ange is naïve because he's an Aussie who managed in the SPL and he has no idea on how to setup a team when coming up against the uber teams and forwards in the Prem. how many times have we been caught out due to the high line? Not many.

Even more funnier is that they want us to play defensively or change it up to play deeper even though he's never coached that to our players and we don't have the players to do that anyway unless you count Dier who is average, pointless exercise.

It's weird because this was meant to be the free hit season at Spurs and expected Ange and Spurs to struggle to adapt and we were meant to finish outside the top 6 according to quite a few people yet he's still facing scrutiny when he's trying to implement a plan A this season and folk want him to work on a plan B, make it make sense.

It is definitely this. They are just trying to belittle him. I bet all it does though is fire him up even more to be proved right.

View: https://x.com/nocontextfm1/status/1731383858304614470?s=20

Seen a reply to this. Ref blew for the foul then stopped it for playing a moving ball.

In that case, it's the right decision?

Nah, he put the whistle to his mouth but didn’t blow, he saw Haaland’s pass and made the advantage signal instead. That happens all the time when refs see the ball break kindly just before they whistle.

Why he actually whistled seconds later remains a mystery. If he’d made that mistake against us I’d want blood.

He put one arm, 2 arms os the symbol for playing advantage. He never put out both arms.

You can clearly see him blow on 5secs in the clip. He should have maybe played advantage but he was probably too excited by the opportunity to book a Spurs player that he didn't look twice to see Grealish.

Nah, he put the whistle to his mouth but didn’t blow, he saw Haaland’s pass and made the advantage signal instead. That happens all the time when refs see the ball break kindly just before they whistle.

Why he actually whistled seconds later remains a mystery. If he’d made that mistake against us if want blood.

We had a great chance to score the winner in the move beforehand. Should have done better.

Why he actually whistled seconds later remains a mystery. If he’d made that mistake against us if want blood.

He blew and put one arm out. Advantage is 2 arms.

He blew and put one arm out. Advantage is 2 arms.

He didn’t blow though. He had the whistle in his mouth but carried on running as if play was continuing. He never blew the whistle, none of the players stopped playing or reacted to a whistle at all. There was no whistle picked up by Sky either.

Maybe he fucked up his hand signals then shat himself. Or maybe he blew but no sound actually came out.

Back
Top Bottom