West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because people are talking on here like we can rock up there like its Sheff Utd and twat them by 3 or 4. Our side is a bit better, thats it. If we want to seriously challenge we need to improve pretty much everywhere.
Not sure we need to everywhere. We are just not clinical at all in the final 3rd. Seems clear we need a striker. Should richarlison have started. No presence in the box at all

To be fair, I would think their XG was made up of their goal and Antonio’s 1v1 which was a foul and never should have happened.

I didn’t hate that game, I’d rather be the side trying to ground down the bus - even with blunt forwards - than the bus.

As we see with sides like City and Liverpool, it’s tough to play against the bus and West Ham are the best bus in the PL right now.

We need better forwards with cleveter feet - a la Liverpool, City etc to break the bus. This is where a Doku type can help, he commits people, can go both ways and past people. Cause some chaos.

Ange’s subs absolutely killed us. Kulusevski and Sarr for Maddison and Bentancur weakened both positions in a creative sense. Should have just swapped out Bentancur for Lo Celso (or Kulusevski) and Son should have gone for Richarlison much Sooner, he’s crap as a 9 in a game like this and Werner is actually better out wide than Son.

Probably. They're not very good either, the point was that we had a very high xG chance that we led from and then essentially created ... nothing ????

Yeah you keep saying this but we're not breaking down anything. You should hate games like this as football of this kind is every bit as boring and ineffective as a bus park. Sideways passing and the odd floaty cross. It's not just our attackers, our midfielders (including Maddison) are offering very little in the way of drive or creativity.

Liverpool and City put 11 past this lot in 4 games. Newcastle just put 4 past them. Woolwich 6. They're not THAT good a bus and we had the lead. To have that much of the ball and just consistently do nothing with it that is remotely interesting is AVB flashbacks.

Enough has been said about their goal & most of it spot on so won’t labour the point….

The overall performance = not that bad but I have to say though that a lack of a cutting edge is glaringly obvious. West Ham were defending with 20-odd men back but we can’t find a player to shoot on target. On the occasions where we do beat a man and get a cross in (Johnson our best again tonight at this), the others are flat footed and lack the killer instinct (Son & Werner I’m looking at you).

Bitterly disappointed not to beat these clowns when all they were playing for was set pieces.

And yeah, the subs were weird. Judging by Maddison’s expression he didn’t appear injured, just confused.

Nothing will change till we upgrade our front players. They can’t make a goal out of nothing. There’s no guile in any of them. They are quick players who should be getting defenders turning but running in behind but they all come to the ball which they are hopeless at. We look like a team that can only score one type of goal. We need to have more options of scoring a goal. We need more shots,look more of a threat from set pieces,more runners getting behind teams and just players that can score out of nothing. There’s a lot good about where we are but we need so much more to get anywhere near the top 3 teams.

You want to play this way it has to be technique and tactical nous over athleticism, and a bucketload of that in each individual. Too many of ours, including some of our apparent better players, just can't do the intricate and/or make the right choices in tight spaces in the final third. We have to be ruthless in the next 12-24 months when building the squad.
Very hard to do with Richy/Johnson/Werner(?) all newish signings which cost a lot. Son captain/PR and over valuing Kulu.

We need to two new starting forwards if we are to have a chance at winning anything next season. Very unlikely.

I think he's a decent player who didn't do much. The best example you could come up with was a missed shot.

I thought he was probably the hardest working player on the pitch and looked very good during limited time he had on the ball. There were other moments where he picked it up, danced past a player or two and played a nice pass but invariably they didn't have numbers committed to make much of it.

He looked really good. A glance at post match player ratings from journos says I'm not alone in that thought. In a team which actually want to play some football I think he'd be fantastic.

Different taste entirely

Allegedly …..

angry u mad GIF by Mayfly

I’d take Kudus and Bowen without blinking.

Seriously, we need to stop blowing smoke up our attackers. They’re not that good.

Literally nobody is blowing any smoke.

Bowen played Ok tonight but didn't look like scoring once.

If we want to improve, and we def do, we need better than what we have AND better than what fucking west ham have.

FFS

There were other moments where he picked it up, danced past a player or two and played a nice pass but invariably they didn't have numbers committed to make much of it.

That didn't happen once. I saw Bissouma dominate him and just take the ball off him twice in the first half though.

He's decent. He's not this incredible player you are making out. About the same as Nunes that City signed instead when we got done for betting on his own games?

what happened to that ban btw?

Back
Top Bottom