Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not so sure.

I think they’ve seen something in his attitude that has rung alarm bells.

That will probably take more convincing to change an opinion than a question over ability would.
Not sure it's as simple as this because if they have eyes they will see he has talent. They integrate him and he puts in more games like this they might be thinking there's money to be made. Flip him and sell on for profit, the price quote might make it worth the risk.

Last edited:
Not sure it's as simple as this because if they have eyes they will see he has talent. They integrate him and he puts in more games like this they might be thinking there's money to be made. Flip him and sell on for profit, the price quote might make it worth the risk.
Ange was quite vocal when interviewed early on about ‘just one bad egg causing a huge problem within the group’, so I don’t see him being persuaded on economic grounds if he has question marks over a player’s attitude.

Ange was quite vocal when interviewed early on about ‘just one bad egg causing a huge problem within the group’, so I don’t see him being persuaded on economic grounds if he has question marks over a player’s attitude.
Wasn't talking about Ange Harrier I was talking about Genoa. On what Ange says though, I'd not buy too much into public utterances because like all managers I think he uses soundbites as much for effect as anything else.

Not worth getting jazzed over unfortunately.... If he impresses; they'll sign him for the modest pre-agreed fee and we'll be left feeling silly.
Spence has plenty of talent to do stuff with- apparently something else is off about him though. He's shown up to put in good performances before- just not with us. Strange case. I really don't care either way anymore and just hope anybody buys him off us so we can move on.

Gold:

Djed Spence (Genoa)​

Djed Spence lasted just 45 minutes of Genoa's 1-1 draw with Frosinone on Saturday afternoon in the Serie A before being taken off at half-time.

The 23-year-old right-back was used as a left wing-back, a role he has undertaken a couple of times for the Italian side. However, despite making one tackle and one clearance, he was taken off at the break and that came after giving far too much room to Nadir Zortea to run in and get in the low cross that Reinier fired home to level the game.

Spence will be hoping to add to his appearances at Genoa in the coming weeks. He has already played in eight matches in Serie A, getting 443 minutes to his name, which is more than he got across seven appearances at Leeds in the first half of this season and far more than his meagre Spurs minutes before that.

Back
Top Bottom