Ignore threads

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin

The Fighting Cock
Omnipotent
Should now see a 'Thread Tools' dropdown in the top right when viewing a thread. In that menu you have the option to 'Ignore Thread'.

If you ignore a thread it will no longer show up when you're viewing a forum.

You can go here to view the threads you are ignoring: http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/account/ignore-threads

From there you can un-ignore them.

Not sure how well this will work so just using it on a trial basis to start with. Probably not a good idea to ignore loads of threads as you might find the forum running a bit slower. Might be useful if you're not interested in a thread you keep seeing at the top though.

You're all going to ignore this thread, aren't you. :(

Do people really get that upset by threads, that they have to erase it completely from their viewing?

If I think a threads shit, i'll just skim read it, and never post in it.
For example the statistical ones (No offence to the thread creators, but its just not my cup of tea..)

Do people really get that upset by threads, that they have to erase it completely from their viewing?

For example the statistical ones (No offence to the thread creators, but its just not my cup of tea..)
THANKS.FOR.THAT

Dunno, it's just a feature. Can't see me using it but it's there if anyone wants to.

I was about to post earlier today this exact feature request, but then I decided to google if XenForo already has it, and, um…
zbVmlN9.png

Now you know.

I tried it, but if an ignored thread has the most recent post, then in the forums page, it says something like "no conversations available" or something.

Why no abs for the XenForo crowd?

I tried it, but if an ignored thread has the most recent post, then in the forums page, it says something like "no conversations available" or something.

It does that till someone posts in a thread you're not ignoring.

Back
Top Bottom