Is the Camp Nou the worst ground for away fans in Europe?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Seville law enforcement always give visiting English fans a pleasant welcome.

By pleasant i generally mean a fractured skull from a baton or a bruise the size of your fist from a fired rubber projectile.

The Seville law enforcement always give visiting English fans a pleasant welcome.

By pleasant i generally mean a fractured skull from a baton or a bruise the size of your fist from a fired rubber projectile.
The ones in Valencia have had the same training

The cops that travelled with us from Gent when we got there logged a formal complaint for the way we were treated, if even your own cops form a row to protect fans against cops from another county than you know they are taking it way too far

I personally didn't experience any nastiness but females do tend to get left alone by the police. As we were in the tier underneath where the official allocation were placed and we left before them, we didn't see any trouble in our bit. But a friend of mine was and she said it was unnecessary behaviour by the police. I hope it's addressed by the Club, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Not football related but I got whacked across the back of my legs by a baton 25 odd years ago in Tenerife, fucking painful. Not by plod but by a security guard, I wasn’t even involved in anything beforehand, wrong place wrong time.

I love Spain, but this aspect is disgusting and will never change.

It is no surprise to be clubbed by the Spanish Police, but getting it off two bob, fucking stewards is a liberty too far.
If anyone went to Spain in the early 70s when Franco was dying, the Guardia Civil were virtually roaming the streets with batons drawn, looking for any British kids to batter.
It's all part of their Fascist, Macho, bullying culture. Now the cowardly bastards cover their faces so you can't identify them.
But if you think £UFA are going to prosecute them . . .

It is no surprise to be clubbed by the Spanish Police, but getting it off two bob, fucking stewards is a liberty too far.
If anyone went to Spain in the early 70s when Franco was dying, the Guardia Civil were virtually roaming the streets with batons drawn, looking for any British kids to batter.
It's all part of their Fascist, Macho, bullying culture. Now the cowardly bastards cover their faces so you can't identify them.
But if you think £UFA are going to prosecute them . . .
Agree. The strange thing is, I have always found people in Spain to be really nice and friendly in general. In complete contrast to their police and security services.

There was a Scouse lad on our flight back who is essentially Barcas in house English reporter - I told him about the issues and how badly it will effect their PR, he seemed genuinely surprised that we'd had any issues but said he would speak to them.

Back
Top Bottom