Michael Laudrup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Also there was all that shite about his agent trying to take over Swansea transfer affairs and such." I'm not sure why we should trust Baldini over the next guy – let him and his agent buy players. Actually makes more sense I reckon.
Absolutely not. In an industry rife with corruption, flooded with money and populated with self serving scum it makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever to hand club transfer policy and dealings to an agent.

Absolutely not. In an industry rife with corruption, flooded with money and populated with self serving scum it makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever to hand club transfer policy and dealings to an agent.

OK, fair point. I was kinda joking with that bit.

(Though a real cyclic would perhaps say what is Baldini, if not all of the above. Didn't he sort out his old mates at Roma with a tidy £30m…)

OK, fair point. I was kinda joking with that bit.

(Though a real cyclic would perhaps say what is Baldini, if not all of the above. Didn't he sort out his old mates at Roma with a tidy £30m…)

He is at least (supposedly) a club man who is accountable to the board.
Could you imagine what would have happened had we let Harry and his favourit agent lose with our cheque book!?

He is at least (supposedly) a club man who is accountable to the board.

True, but all that means is that the board can fire him. So then we have: a guy who has little or nothing to do with the Coach can use Club money to buy players he, not the Coach, chooses, and then be sacked if/when they're shit.

Gone off topic a bit, I know, but I just really do not understand the Director of Football model at all, on any logical level.

Guess I could pull it back on topic by saying if Laudrup demands the final say on signings, that may not be a bad thing. AVB obviously didn't put his foot down re. Mountinho Hulk Villa and look what happened. Chadli and Soldado happened.

I think if you went through the hierachy of a traditional set up, and went through a dof set up you would find a huge amount of similarity.

Some people train the players
Some look after the academy
Some target signings/scout
Purchases are done by commitee (or at least not at just 1 mans say)

Its not really different, IMO. There is a management TEAM these days, not just a MANAGER.

A little while back I ballsed-up a post (4-5am after a late one!!) that had Ancelotti still at PSG! Typo! Honest! Anyhow, it should have obviously read Milan. Joke! Madrid. Anyone else hear all is not well at Madrid for him? If Madrid get ousted out of The CL by Munich. Athletico win La liga and LvG ends up at Old Trafford. Then I think we (should he get the sack) will have a great chance of getting him to come back to London.

Hey Mike Woodson is available too he'd look great on our sideline
woodson-4526.jpg

Should we really be looking at a manager that was deemed not good enough for SWANSEA???

Jesus, have we not learnt any lessons?

Martinez was a pubes width from getting sacked every season at Wigan almost. Only thing that stopped him was Whelan's belief in him that is, so far, justified.

The weird thing about football is that there's no comparison for talent in managers. Would any of the top 5 team's managers be good at the bottom of the league? Martinez got relegated last season. Rodgers did decent a Swansea, but Laudrup did better in the League and Cup.

Back
Top Bottom