New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have heard mixed reports of stewards not allowing QR screenshots... what's the deal?
Don't think I've seen any 1st hand reports of checks.
Bloke in front of me at the bottom of the steps on Worcester Avenue still had a physical season ticket card that got scanned.

Have heard mixed reports of stewards not allowing QR screenshots... what's the deal?
How would they know it's a screenshot? Mine looks identical to the android app image. The screenshot also worked fine in the reader at the entrance turnstile to the actual stadium building.

How would they know it's a screenshot? Mine looks identical to the android app image. The screenshot also worked fine in the reader at the entrance turnstile to the actual stadium building.

Cool yeah that was my thought exactly! I heard reports of stewards telling people to prove it was in the wallet... probably BS.

Cool yeah that was my thought exactly! I heard reports of stewards telling people to prove it was in the wallet... probably BS.
Well that may be true, but it's not my experience. I suppose they're within their rights to demand that - and it might help to stop non-members getting in (but not 100%), however, when I show them my phone, they're only too pleased to let me in, so they can deal with the next bloke.

Nope, not at all. It's exactly what they were doing on gate 20 something where I go in.
They didn't even scan my QR code, he pressed back on my phone to make sure it went back into the wallet app.

Guy in front of me didn't get in because the steward couldn't do this. Either it was a screen shot or he couldn't use the phone. I suspect the former.

I would suggest no one turns up with a screen shot QR code going forward.

Nope, not at all. It's exactly what they were doing on gate 20 something where I go in.
They didn't even scan my QR code, he pressed back on my phone to make sure it went back into the wallet app.

Guy in front of me didn't get in because the steward couldn't do this. Either it was a screen shot or he couldn't use the phone. I suspect the former.

I would suggest no one turns up with a screen shot QR code going forward.
Not seen this entering the south as they usually having a mare just trying to get the scanner to work in the daylight.
Only way they could tell by just looking at the phone is if the brightness isn't at max as the wallet app turns up the brightness once you click show code?

Not seen this entering the south as they usually having a mare just trying to get the scanner to work in the daylight.
Only way they could tell by just looking at the phone is if the brightness isn't at max as the wallet app turns up the brightness once you click show code?
They press back on the phone on the QR code, which changes the screen to the Virtual ticket (with the link that says "show code) then back again which exits the app. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

It's very very easy to tell the difference between a screen shot and the code in the app. If they're checking this, it isn't worth wasting time and money obtaining tickets that way.

Exactly. It’s an exact copy of the screen they scan.

Edit: Having read the last couple of posts it sounds a bit risky now. I don’t know why they can be arsed though.

Last edited:
They press back on the phone on the QR code, which changes the screen to the Virtual ticket (with the link that says "show code) then back again which exits the app. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

It's very very easy to tell the difference between a screen shot and the code in the app. If they're checking this, it isn't worth wasting time and money obtaining tickets that way.
No I don’t see what you mean. What do you mean press back on the code? Is that iOS or Android? Or both?

No I don’t see what you mean. What do you mean press back on the code? Is that iOS or Android? Or both?
Android in my case

If you want to get to your QR code for the game, you have to go to the wallet app, select your season ticket (I have bank cards in there too) and then click "show code"
There's also another option to show details, which currently shows Wolves, 12.30pm August 20th
If you're in a screen shot, if the steward presses back, they'll land in your gallery.

Hmm yeah definitely sounds risky to just have a screenshot then. It sucks because there should be a way to legit transfer your ticket to a mate. Got no intention of selling tickets for a profit I just have friends with memberships that can't go and I then have a friend go with their membership. What I have done the last few times is get them to just download the person's pass into their wallet by forwarding the original email. This seems to work... and then that person deletes the pass after the game - shouldn't be an issue with that right?

Android in my case

If you want to get to your QR code for the game, you have to go to the wallet app, select your season ticket (I have bank cards in there too) and then click "show code"
There's also another option to show details, which currently shows Wolves, 12.30pm August 20th
If you're in a screen shot, if the steward presses back, they'll land in your gallery.
Ok I get it now. On iOS if you press Done on the QR code screen it takes you back to the ticket. Sounds a lot of faffing around though.

Last edited:
Wallet options

Open Season Ticket

Note back arrow, "show code" and "details"

I can't actually screenshot the QR code. It says not possible due to security. Guess the only way is to use a 2nd camera to take a picture of the code.

The steward passes the back arrow from the QR code screen to get back to the season pass screen. Then if he/she tries to press show code or details and it doesn't work, then it's an image and not the app.
Pretty simple stuff really.

What's interesting is he didn't scan the QR code. I guess if it wasn't the applicable code it would get picked up at the turnstyle scanner so no biggie

Wallet options

Open Season Ticket

Note back arrow, "show code" and "details"

I can't actually screenshot the QR code. It says not possible due to security. Guess the only way is to use a 2nd camera to take a picture of the code.

The steward passes the back arrow from the QR code screen to get back to the season pass screen. Then if he/she tries to press show code or details and it doesn't work, then it's an image and not the app.

What's interesting is he didn't scan the QR code. I guess if it wasn't the applicable code it would get picked up at the turnstyle scanner so no biggie
My solution to this, make a fake wallet app which copies the original interface and layout, but transfer screenshots of QR codes :nare:I'm a bit nerd though.

My solution to this, make a fake wallet app which copies the original interface and layout, but transfer screenshots of QR codes :nare:I'm a bit nerd though.

Most of the people going to games are total utter luddites that struggle at every single phase of entry.
Which us most frustrating to those of us who have no problem.
My dad doesn't even own a smart phone, he has a grandad phone with massive buttons. No idea how I'll get him in the ground anymore.

I sort of get why they did it, but I don't think it's really inclusive of people who struggle with this.

That's interesting. I've got Google Wallet, and although I don't have the QR code for the Fulham game yet, I tried to screenshot last season's QR code for the Burnley game and it worked perfectly first time.

When I go to the Fulham game I'm going to try getting in with a screenshot and see what happens. Obviously I'll have Google Wallet too, just in case.

Most of the people going to games are total utter luddites that struggle at every single phase of entry.
Which us most frustrating to those of us who have no problem.
My dad doesn't even own a smart phone, he has a grandad phone with massive buttons. No idea how I'll get him in the ground anymore.

I sort of get why they did it, but I don't think it's really inclusive of people who struggle with this.
You'll have to apply for a plastic photo ID card for him, like my Grandaughter's got. Don't leave it too late though. Obviously they process the applications and send the cards out through the postal system.

That's interesting. I've got Google Wallet, and although I don't have the QR code for the Fulham game yet, I tried to screenshot last season's QR code for the Burnley game and it worked perfectly first time.

When I go to the Fulham game I'm going to try getting in with a screenshot and see what happens. Obviously I'll have Google Wallet too, just in case.
Might be a new thing. The wallet app has changed since last season. I have a Spurs folder on my phone that has the Spurs app, wallet, NHS and NHS covid for quick access last season.
When I turned up on Saturday the Wallet app was gone from the folder and needed an update to open it up.

Maybe as many of us as possible can do the same for the next few matches and report back here if they get stopped. FWIW I’ve been using screenshots for many months without ever having a problem.

Never had mine checked or seen any one else around me checked when going in. South Stand.

Seen loads of numpties who don't seem to be able to switch their phone on and stewards who can't work a scanner though.

Back
Top Bottom