New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's experts involved with every single element of this new stadium, but that doesn't stop people speculating. We're just interested, mate.
No, I realise... it's just to read some of the comments, you'd think that the people ACTUALLY INVOLVED in developing the new pitch hadn't realised the implications of a retractable pitch until some wise old sage on't'internet had pointed it out to them!

Found this on my old phone earlier (which I've not used for over a year now).

It's amazing/heartbreaking to think that it's all gone now, but for a bit of steel frame on the South stand

WP_Panorama.jpg

No, I realise... it's just to read some of the comments, you'd think that the people ACTUALLY INVOLVED in developing the new pitch hadn't realised the implications of a retractable pitch until some wise old sage on't'internet had pointed it out to them!
Just interested and proud of the club is all.
Not old. Reasonably wise. And on ‘the’ internet. Thank you please. :thumbup:

Yeah, maybe I'm just being sentimental, but there's something a bit more romantic about the older stadiums.
To be fair, WHL is the ship of Theseus in a lot of ways. It has changed so much in 118 years that the new stadium can, in my opinion, rightfully be considered an update of the stadium in that same vein. Most would disagree, but when the pitch retracts under the south stand, it will practically be in the same spot it was in the Finale.

To be fair, WHL is the ship of Theseus in a lot of ways. It has changed so much in 118 years that the new stadium can, in my opinion, rightfully be considered an update of the stadium in that same vein. Most would disagree, but when the pitch retracts under the south stand, it will practically be in the same spot it was in the Finale.
The equivalent of Trigger's broom, one might say...

maxresdefault.jpg

Which is particularly fitting considering the team Roger Lloyd-Pack's supported!

Yeah, sort of - but the designs are ground up, so it's much different. These new stadiums are like Cinemas these days, different experience.

The equivalent of Trigger's broom, one might say...

maxresdefault.jpg

Which is particularly fitting considering the team Roger Lloyd-Pack's supported!
The White Hart Lane we left behind in May was ONLY really as old as the oldest Stand in the ground... which I assume was the West Stand? So in fact they're only demolishing a mere 36 years of 'history' rather than 118... makes it slightly easier to **handle!!

**see Triggers broom reference!

Back
Top Bottom