Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’ll get a cheap move back to a medium team in Spain and that’s his level.

The reason he got cut is because Udogie is 10x the player he is and Perisic and Davies were better than him too (and more versatile). That’s before we even consider Sess. Nothing strange about it. An average player of no importance got loaned out. Why keep him? He showed he wasn’t good enough.

He’s not happy

View: https://x.com/thespursexpress/status/1765691094002798617?s=46&t=LZlJuZ1uaIN4QMovCQVkvQ

🎙️| Sergio Reguilon on his departure from #Tottenham:

“I didn’t understand and still don’t understand the situation. During pre-season I was very happy and he [Postecoglou] was happy with me, also the staff. I was playing like a normal player, all the games.”

“The week before, I went to see him. ‘You want me at the club?’ ‘Yes, I have to do a list and you are in my squad’. It was strange. The next day I was out of the training and I didn’t know what happened.”

“I know I can play in Spurs, but in many aspects in football the player doesn’t have control. And I don’t want to stay to sit in the stadium watching. I am 27, I have too much football to live. I don’t understand why one day is ‘yes’ and next day is ‘no’ but . . . I don’t think it’s performance reason, I think it’s another reason, this is football, this is business.”

Meh.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Is good enough to get an offer in the summer. We can forget about each other after that.

Sergio with a match worst 3.78 on the BBC player ratings from last night v WHam. Next worst Ivan Toney with a 4.04.

I just can't see anyone paying any money for him unfortunately.
He will probably just continue to bounce to whoever has an emergency at LB/LWB for the next 2 windows. Contract expires at the end of next season.

We spent £33,000,000 according to sportrac, and are paying him £50k a week.

I'm putting this down as a ❌ from the scouting and recruitment department.
Yeah and he came in that two season shit show we also purchased the likes of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Berg, Sess and Doherty. At least with Berg we recouped our fee and we might get something back for Lo Celso but the others are essentially a write off.

Goes to show how important recruiting is

Proof?

Is that the same 16 year old that's played 36 games, scored 5 goals, and got 7 assists this season for Barcelona?

If it is, and I'm not saying Reguilon is great, but that hardly seems like a stick to beat him with...

He could have been 26 or 46, the point is really that in that Barca match he wasn't up to the standard which is probably why he wasn't favoured, same as Dier.

He would have been 3rd/4th choice if he stayed but I am surprised that Ange said he was in the squad.
But, whatever. Hope we can get £5m plus for him. He is playing every game for Brentford as a LWB.

He's got a great engine but little quality at either end of the pitch. If he was in his early 20's you would say "Okay, he's got lots of time to improve..." but at 27 he's entering what should be his prime years. He is what he is.

He's got a great engine but little quality at either end of the pitch. If he was in his early 20's you would say "Okay, he's got lots of time to improve..." but at 27 he's entering what should be his prime years. He is what he is.

No football brain >>> No composure, no defensive intelligence, no understanding of how to link up or where to run.

The fact that he's also prone to picking up little injuries that interrupt any run of games he can hope to accumulate renders him a bust....... Another circa-40m player that I suspect we'll struggle to even muster 5m in re-sale for.

No football brain >>> No composure, no defensive intelligence, no understanding of how to link up or where to run.

The fact that he's also prone to picking up little injuries that interrupt any run of games he can hope to accumulate renders him a bust....... Another circa-40m player that I suspect we'll struggle to even muster 5m in re-sale for.
:levyeyes:

No worries. This cunt will remove concessions for OAP’s to fund the loss

:levylol:

Back
Top Bottom