The Steve Perryman Podcast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm giving this a separate thread because I think everyone here should watch this episode:

Excellent insight into the club's current problems from a distinguished former player, assistant manager and very temporary interim manager.

Watched this yesterday and agree, a good insight into some of the issues. His anger and frustration was plainly evident to hear. Interesting to also hear his views on why Stellini stayed on, and comparing it to himself when he stayed on after Sugar sacked Ossie.

Surprisingly few replies on here or discussion on the matter?
Perryman's comments have confirmed a couple of suspicions for me:

- I didn't think Stellini was going to do anything different out of loyalty to Conte and Perryman confirmed that. The motivation issue Perryman explained was a further dimension I hadn't considered.
- the undermining influence of the "I'm going to see Daniel" culture. Perryman made it clear that in his day the board didn't allow themselves to be an undermining influence and any player who tried to go over the manager's head would have only embarrassed himself.

Back
Top Bottom