Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't quite make every home game but I do my best with my little bronze One Hotspur card! Will be living in Spain/Italy next year so unless we get a Spanish or Italian team in the Europa league (if we are even in it!) then I won't get to a match next year, gutted!

It would cost me, at a minimum, $1500 (£900) to see a match. Even in Spain you're still lucky. :dawsonmean:

It would cost me, at a minimum, $1500 (£900) to see a match. Even in Spain you're still lucky. :dawsonmean:

it would cost me £1750 to see a match live..most brit fans don't realize how lucky they are to see a live Spurs match, instead of singing for the Team they moaning..:adestare::eriksenlip:

I think I heard the people around me getting seriously pissed off at something I just couldn't work out what. It's disgraceful.

Had no idea they actually threw someone out (for standing?). They came up to where I was up in 34 (rows just under the roof) and told people to sit down but everyone just laughed it off and the stewards didn't give it any more attempts. Guess they wanted to make an example if they got some unlucky bloke further down.

Don't get me wrong it was a great view and everything but that atmosphere was nothing short of turgid. I was gazing enviously over to the south stand where they actually had songs, not once did I hear a song where I was sat. Hugo chants just about made it round after the penalty save. I'm from the north west myself so I can't talk about tourists (although I did come down especially for the match as I have done numerous times this season) but nobody seemed arsed. I suppose it's hard to motivate yourself to support when the seasons over...

Roll on next year.

When I said tourists I didn't mean spurs fans from out of town, or even football fans just there to watch the game; but more people on their holiday to London who just get a ticket off stubhub as another touristy thing for them to do and they don't have any interest in football.

The atmosphere is usually better in our block and surrounding but it is never all standing and singing non stop as there are a lot of older guys who have been sitting there for years and years. Everyone gets up for it when needed though.

tumblr_m9lwxxgQfU1rcciplo1_500.gif

ZA8aglt.png

Went more mental for the penalty save than any of the goals

Hugo is a fucking hero:llorishuh:

Just got back from the game after some delays via Shenfield.

Atmos was indeed a bit odd as some have said but not poor. I was in 33 next to two nice Italians who followed Roma and Spurs and were wondering if Lamela was on the bench. My answer of "Im afraid hes dead" was greeted with a certain amount of confusion, then having to explain via pointing at my own back that actually no he wasnt, but allegedly has a back issue. "Allegedly" is a very hard word to translate into Italian, ive found.

Anyway, that was an OK performance. Paulinho had his best game for us for me, chased everything. Chadli looked out of place again at CM. Eriksen is class. Lloris i love big time, almost irreplaceable as far as a realistic replacement goes. Rose (who i have slagged off a few times) had a decent game, notably covering for Fryers a couple of times.

Block 40 was dead, some cunt behind me complained for the either 90 minutes and the guy to my right came 10 minutes late missed another 5 after half time and left with nearly 20 minutes to play (what's the fucking point?), won't sit there again I don't think.

i was sat in block 44, there was a few people a couple of rows above me trying to get chants going and in botttom tier aswell, but once again some right boring cunts were just doing nothing, some guy near me didn't even get off his seat when we scored, fucking ridiculous, the quicker safe standing get implemented the better, plus in the joint stand up if you hate chelsea, i was the only one stood up in my row, and a group of 5 left about 5 minutes before the game finished, getting worse and worse every season going to tottenham, starting to enjoy the pubs before the game more then the stadium atmosphere

With the no standing policy , one gets the impression that football fans have been conditioned in adopting a quasi-laziness supporting position.

Back
Top Bottom