Commentary & Commentators

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tomo

Supporter
Wasn’t really a thread for it but interest to see Clive Tyldesley explaining the process of preparing to comment on a game.

Having said that, Alex Scott showed how it shouldn't be done yesterday on 'Football Fuckarse' by managing to mispronounce Len Johnrose's name not once but twice, during her '...and now some sad news' piece to camera announcing his passing:

Lon Jenrose....
Len Jenrose....

LEN JOHNROSE!!

Not saying it's an easy job, (it's not)
...and certainly not pointing the finger at a female (albeit ex-Gooner) presenter...

But for ALL the times to fuck up a name, don't mispronounce the poor guy who's just died...

I guess that's why Clive Tyldsley does all that pre-match research!

Last edited:
I think you would all like to see my own personal preparation for game commentaries. It may be of some help to you. Been using the same technique for years and it's never let me down...

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom