Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane used to get penalties and many players in other teams know how to get penalties but some of our present players go down too easily and refs know this and do not give a penalty. Whilst I think that we have been denied unjustifiably some penalties there have also been times I have thought the player should have stayed on his feet and it looked like he went down softly. The trainers should discuss this with the players as Kane who is a bigger player than Son but when he went down he got a penalty but Son frequently does not.
There have been other times where we’ve stayed on our feet instead of going down and not gotten clear pens too though.

Kulusevski got chopped in the back of the calf and was mid face plant as he took a shot and I’m not sure it was even reviewed. Had he just went down, I am pretty certain the ref or VAR give it.

There have been other times where we’ve stayed on our feet instead of going down and not gotten clear pens too though.

Kulusevski got chopped in the back of the calf and was mid face plant as he took a shot and I’m not sure it was even reviewed. Had he just went down, I am pretty certain the ref or VAR give it.

2 games in a row Kulusevski got fouled blatantly whilst about to shoot in the box. Both high quality chances.

Both were pens but he stayed o his feet to try and score.

We are probably somewhere between 4-6 penalties short on what we could/should have got, depending on how you want to count things like Diego Carlos blatantly elbowing Gil in the head and somehow not getting sent off.

Talking of Bias in the media... I saw this weeks' line-up on Fantarsey Football ....joining Gooner Matt Lucas this week on the (I assume) red sofa: Celebrity Woolwich fan Alex Brooker, and ArseAnal legend Tony Adams!!

...I refused to watch, but I bet it made for some totally unbiased banter!!

I wonder if anyone who DID watch it, did a 'how many times they mention Arseanal' Totalizer...
.I imagine it would be into the hundreds... If not thousands in one programme!!!! 🙄

Talking of the above post (seeing as nobody else is!!)

I saw the Mickey Flanagan documentary on Sky the other night .. very good if I may say so.

The reason I mention it, is that Mickey is a Spurs fan... this isn't exactly a secret, but not necessarily well known...

Thing is, in the HOUR LONG documentary about his upbringing, and life growing up on The Roman Road, Bethnal Green... did he ONCE mention he was a Spurs fan..? No.

Now imagine the same documentary about, say Matt Lucas, or Alan Davies, or Jack Whitehall.... Reckon they'd shoehorn in ENDLESS repetitive BORING mentions of being a Gooner....?

YOU FUCKING BET THEY WOULD!!!

...for the entire *90 MINUTES of an HOUR LONG programme!!!

*...and yes, I've done the Maths... But I think they'd probably delay the 10 o'Clock News so they could KEEP FUCKING BANGING ON about being a Gooner!!

Last edited:
Refs, VAR, Dermot, Webb, PGMOL and all that sorry lot can say whatever, they're all so uber incompetent but yet so egotistical, it's beyond belief.

There's no way they can justify Cash, Yates, Dawson, Godfrey, Norgaard and Maupay not getting sent off against us. And that's just the ones I remember. Ah yeah that mug Colwill too when he elbowed Udo in the face.

As for the pens given for/against us? Well...figures speak for themselves eh.

But yeah, we got gifted the win vs Liverpool so I guess that makes it even...

I’m just waiting to see who they chose to send off from us in the reverse fixture. There’s no way we are leaving that pitch with 11 men.

I saw the Mickey Flanagan documentary on Sky the other night .. very good if I may say so.

The reason I mention it, is that Mickey is a Spurs fan... this isn't exactly a secret, but not necessarily well known...

Thing is, in the HOUR LONG documentary about his upbringing, and life growing up on The Roman Road, Bethnal Green... did he ONCE mention he was a Spurs fan..? No.

Now imagine the same documentary about, say Matt Lucas, or Alan Davies, or Jack Whitehall.... Reckon they'd shoehorn in ENDLESS repetitive BORING mentions of being a Gooner....?

*...and yes, I've done the Maths... But I think they'd probably delay the 10 o'Clock News so they could KEEP FUCKING BANGING ON about being a Gooner!!
Got my first suit down Roman Road. I was 6. :davieshmm:

I don't understand why people would keep banging on about being Gooners??

A club that's been cheating since the early 1900's, and should be playing at The Valley!

Personally, i would be ashamed

:avbfu:

I don't understand why people would keep banging on about being Gooners??

A club that's been cheating since the early 1900's, and should be playing at The Valley!

Personally, i would be ashamed

:avbfu:

With how sensitive society is these days, coming out and banging on about how much you love a rapist enabler is surprising.

Just like everybody knows City have cooked the books but pretend not to notice, Arse glorify a serial rapist and it's like it never happened.

With how sensitive society is these days, coming out and banging on about how much you love a rapist enabler is surprising.

Just like everybody knows City have cooked the books but pretend not to notice, Arse glorify a serial rapist and it's like it never happened.

Parleys “injury” is the most blatant attempt to wait until enough people forget.

Won’t work though, if he sees he pitch this season fans will be reminding the world what that club is on socials.

I agree, but sometimes I think our celebrity fans don't mention it enough, almost like they're afraid of being called "Spursy" or something.

Sounds like you wasted an hour waiting for Mickey to mention Spurs?

Parleys “injury” is the most blatant attempt to wait until enough people forget.

Won’t work though, if he sees he pitch this season fans will be reminding the world what that club is on socials.
...and if he ends up doing time, and getting sacked, he probably will BE on the Social when he gets out!

Well if your history is forged in cheating, they would embrace rapist cunts i guess?!

Back to Woolwich barracks you scum!

Angry Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Just saw BBC LONDON News... Interesting to hear that Declan Rice won player of the year at the London football awards last night, and a Chelsea ladies player won the Womens' player of the year...

Yet absolutely no mention of Ange or Vicario winning their respective Manager/GK categories...

Strange that!

Back
Top Bottom