Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After a series of inept decisions yesterday (take your pick; when Romero was pushed and hit the post that's a penalty, the Kulusevski penalty that not only was ignored but led directly to their second goal, the Davies penalty the ref was looking straight at but ignored, the first and especially third goals which were clear fouls on the keeper let alone on defenders, the offside goal disallowed which was clearly played on by Tomiyasu playing the ball)...

Will we hear anything of it in the press? They don't even mention these things in the match write-up.

If this was Liverpool on the end of those decisions it would be front page news for a month.

THAT is the media bias, and that referees feel comfortable acting like this in our own stadium is a direct result of them not feeling the pressure like they do for red shirt teams in any ground.

That was a penalty, Trossard contact caused him to trip.

Robbie Earle on NBC mentioned that VAR thought it might have been worth looking at and advised Oliver to take a look at the monitor and be refused, apparently.

Always find it weird that they took 5 minutes to decide whether or not VDV was offside but couldn't be arsed with the penalty decision. Then again, we can't be surprised when Oliver couldn't even see the blatant penalty on Davies

Not for me

I mean, on the basis that this is another one of those bullshit rules where refs feel ok to apply their bullshit subjective opinions, I get it, this happens a lot. But he's clearly not making any attempt whatsoever to play the ball is he? he's literally just pushing a guy, who's in a great goalscoring position.

This is very much like the free foul defenders are allowed if they do it during a strikers shot.

Push.jpg

To be fair to Newcastle fan Michael Oliver, it's not as if he is just there watching these things is he.

i-cant-believe-he-had-this-good-of-a-view-and-called-no-v0-m35js0upwdxc1.jpeg

So was the Partey/Romero header incident...... Both hands to the chest to a mid-jump Romero while the rapist is completely unconcerned with challenging for the ball.
I mean, on the basis that this is another one of those bullshit rules where refs feel ok to apply their bullshit subjective opinions, I get it, this happens a lot. But he's clearly not making any attempt whatsoever to play the ball is he? he's literally just pushing a guy, who's in a great goalscoring position.

This is very much like the free foul defenders are allowed if they do it during a strikers shot.
'Famous, obscenely rich, alleged rapist gets benefit of the doubt and goes unpunished' shocker!!

It's hardly the first time!

Back
Top Bottom